RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Australian Rigs & Roadtrains

Australian Rigs & Roadtrains A place for aussies to show off their unique truck configurations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2011, 11:28 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation My Carson Goldhofer low loader/drop deck

Hi all, look what turned up Monday morning on the doorstep the new Carson Goldhofer low loader/drop deck more pics to come as this will be a very long build instead of slap it together in a couple of hours like other trailers..

There are alot of pro's and cons about this trailer,
The length of this trailer is 880mm from front to rear without the ramps mounted to it.
I comes with sealed bearings not bushing like standard trailers.
The body is laser cut steel spot welded together and the chassis rail and skid plate are also spot welded to the deck, there are side support that need to be cut from a sheet (similar to photo etch part) this is a solid looking trailer with aloottt of raw steel/alu parts and **** loads of small bolts/screws ect,

Part of the lower decking is ply wood with plastic chequered plate that they say to use with thin double sided tape, the travel arms, some brackets, U bolts are also hard plastic, the air bags a soft rubber and the axle are mounted over the top of the travel arms where as a normal trailer they are mounted under, the tyres are hard Carson Fulda's about 58mm in height and the other parts that aren't metal there hard plastic.
The lights that come with the trailer you need to use the Carson 7-chamber light set for trailer as the light lenses that come with it are different from the normal Tamiya trailer lights.

The biggest let down for this kit apart from not being what was promised, wrong size tyres ect is the raw steel and alu as nothing is painted/anodised/powder coated as when I got the steel one piece deck out of the plastic bag my hands were dark after from handling the raw metal so after forking out the 399,00 ish EURO's you have handed Carson's you still needs to painted/powder coated it yourself.

More pic's to come as I build it and I will be bringing it to the Sydney 14 Scale Modelers meet that RCRoadtrain (Richard) is doing this Sunday so people can see it as it comes out of the box..

Cheers Tracy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DPP1_0005.jpg (16.0 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg DPP1_0004.jpg (18.5 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg DPP1_0001.jpg (17.0 KB, 188 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.