RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:59 AM

Roadmasters is on a distinguished road
Default My boat, wood resto and radio install

Did a little work on my boat last winter. I refinished all her teak, which was beaten from not only the sun, but also from being power washed. This resulted in ugly, rough, grey wood. Very unattractive, so I set out to make her beautiful again. This is her, a 23' SeaCraft. She's one beast of a boat, built like a brick sh*t house.

This is a before pic, the bottom half of the wood was freshly power washed, but would quickly (within weeks) turn back to the color of the top half

This project required sanding down all the wood on the boat, here is another pic of that same piece of wood with the right side left un-sanded for comparison

Here are some before pics of the whole boat (most of the wood is in the stern area)

And after

I sealed the wood with this product called semco teak sealer and its held up great all year, the boat is in the sun all summer and the wood has only gotten a slightly lighter brown, no grey spots!

Next project was a new stereo head unit install. I had to make up a filler piece to mount the new display on because the old hole was much bigger
Before

After

Here is the brains of the unit, I pride myself on neat wiring....

Can anyone guess how old she is?

Next East Coast Minitruckers Meet:

Arioch