RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Cindy might be getting her first truck YAY!!!

Well after the Indy show, I couldn't stop talking about it. Man I was stoked. Now i've been trying for sometime to get the little lady into this great hobby, and now after listening to me go on about how everyone is a great bunch of people willing to give advice, and down to earth, it got her thinking. So I thought I would ask Cindy again, and she told me she was thinking about getting a truck, I was so HAPPY. I told her that would be so cool if she did. And I also told her she didn't have to to go to the extreme that a lot of us do, I would build it as she wants, and she can learn along the way. Let's hope we can get her a truck before too long, and she knows more females are getting into this hobby, and that didn't hurt anything either...keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cindy might be getting her first truck YAY!!!

If she does can you have her call mine so she gets into it and off my back
Old 08-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
No problem. LOL!!!

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Congrats big John !
I'm excited too now that Susan wants to get involved! Take your time looking for a truck, I'm sure something perfect will come up. It happened for me, been looking for the last 2-3 months and suddenly found a great truck to start with. Got it from reeve2007 . Great price, quick shipping , nice guy to deal with. Took it out of the box, put in a battery, ( radio came with good batteries in it ) and away she went!

Anyway, just think.... There could be 2 ladies driving at Indy next year ,
Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
I feel for ya Aaron. Be patient dude, she may come around to the RC side of " the force "

Make sure you bring her next year. Maybe when she see's 2 ladies trucking she won't feel so alone in a large group of guys and get the bug
Old 08-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

It's great to see our ladies getting into this. We went to the toy store to buy either a Bruder excavator or Mack Granite. She chose the Mack and now she has her very own dump truck. It still needs some tweeking because the builder doesn't know what he's doing but she has had fun driving it around the house though...

Reg
Old 08-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Aw come on John, tell her to go all the way go for the big a$$ off highway trucks like mine wants you'll need a big loader to load em though speakin of I gotta get hers started soon . the mammoth went bye bye

Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

That's awesome John..Just had our offical couple run together. It was awesome! Mine truck blows Marios' doors off, even with a head start and me being wobbly..though...
Old 08-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Mario- next thing to do is a 4:1 in her truck before she rolls it
Old 08-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: Cindy might be getting her first truck YAY!!!

Quote:
Mario- next thing to do is a 4:1 in her truck before she rolls it
Wish I had the video cam running, you have no idea how close she came to side swiping me I felt like I was racing Kyle Bush for $%}}^ sake ! . Her truck is so fast she almost pulled a Travis with Spudds trailer!. I still stand by my 4:1 , as Ric says, this is RC trucking not racing.......hmmmmm, I may get tired of getting my doors blown off and take my 4:1 out just to show who's boss What's up with women and their need for speed!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Sue View Post
That's awesome John..Just had our offical couple run together. It was awesome! Mine truck blows Marios' doors off, even with a head start and me being wobbly..though...
This is your first warning John! Beware of what you wish for !!!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well guy's and doll's, Cindy and I were talking earlier this evening, and I asked her which truck she may like. She looked at my Scania 6R20, and said that one. I started this over a year ago, so I mentioned I would let her have this if I can replace mine. She's thinking... She will pick the colors and what ever else she may want. I really think it would be awsome if there were husband and wife teams. BTW, I told her she will have to pick a trailer too.

Big John

Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
Well guy's and doll's, Cindy and I were talking earlier this evening, and I asked her which truck she may like. She looked at my Scania 6R20, and said that one. I started this over a year ago, so I mentioned I would let her have this if I can replace mine. She's thinking... She will pick the colors and what ever else she may want. I really think it would be awsome if there were husband and wife teams. BTW, I told her she will have to pick a trailer too.

Big John
Im sure your gonna have fun with the build John! I like the husband and wife teams idea .....only problem for me, Susan & Mario in short form is S & M trucking. .... Yes, we have to work on the name of our new trucking company. .

Ps. This don't mean you can let the Kiss truck fall off to the wayside . You have a lot of followers who want to see it next year at Indy dude!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Im sure your gonna have fun with the build John! I like the husband and wife teams idea .....only problem for me, Susan & Mario in short form is S & M trucking. .... Yes, we have to work on the name of our new trucking company. .

Ps. This don't mean you can let the Kiss truck fall off to the wayside . You have a lot of followers who want to see it next year at Indy dude!
S&M trucking...interesting.:rolley es: Now I am going to try to have "YOU WANTED THE BEST" at Indy next year, i'll just have to see how it goes. But I am definitely going to have the "SLUMLORD" there.

Big John

Old 08-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

i let my wife drive zeus and holy crap ..she is good being it was her first time .when i offered to let her drive again she said it was too stressful because she knows the story behind zeus.maybe i should try to convince her to get her own truck also,you never know next year at clifford we (guys) might be blown away by the ladies
Old 08-23-2012, 03:07 AM

shy_girl is on a distinguished road

Great new! I know that I am new to this site but I have built a couple trucks with help and it would be great to have a few more ladies to chat with at the meets. Those of us who do want to drive wouldn't feel so out of place.
Shy
Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
i let my wife drive zeus and holy crap ..she is good being it was her first time .when i offered to let her drive again she said it was too stressful because she knows the story behind zeus.maybe i should try to convince her to get her own truck also,you never know next year at clifford we (guys) might be blown away by the ladies
I so know how she felt driving your truck. As girls we think about how much time, money and pride you put into the build. I havne't driven Marios', although he has offered. I had no problems driving mine for the 1st time- it was built, it's mine and if I break it then I have to pay to replace the parts and talk really sweetly to Mario to fix it because I don't know the ins and outs yet but will watch as he does the fixing...Look out Clifford show here we come......
Old 08-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

ROCK ON LADIES.....ROCK ON!!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

You have a good catch right there Big John....Having a wife thats also interested in RC's are few and far between

Looking forward to seeing your builds Shy Girl

Alfy
Old 08-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
ROCK ON LADIES.....ROCK ON!!!!!
You said it buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK Daddy View Post
You have a good catch right there Big John....Having a wife thats also interested in RC's are few and far between

Looking forward to seeing your builds Shy Girl

Alfy
Alfy, Cindy is a very special lady for putting up with me all these years. And I love her for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy_girl View Post
Great new! I know that I am new to this site but I have built a couple trucks with help and it would be great to have a few more ladies to chat with at the meets. Those of us who do want to drive wouldn't feel so out of place.
Shy
Yes, it would be really cool if a lot more ladies got into this great hobby. I've asked Cindy to become a member here on the board, and I think I can get her to do it.

Big John