RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default ATHS show Duncan BC 2015

Well the show in Duncan BC is this weekend so I have spent the last couple of days prepping and loading my fleet. I had forgotten how much work it was to service and load all this crud! I still have a few things to load but I want to purchase a folding table today first. Lou has one and it is nice to have some of the models up off the ground and away from peoples feet!lol Hopefully we will meet some new people at the show and draw them into this awesome hobby! I will be sure to have my RCT&C cards on the table for those interested in viewing the site!

Reg
Old 07-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ATHS show Duncan BC 2015

Not sure a fleet like that classifies as "crud" Some nice looking models you have.

Chris
Old 07-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
Not sure a fleet like that classifies as "crud" Some nice looking models you have.

Chris
Thanks. Yes it's good crud!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

I load my railway stuff like that also locos on the bottom freight on the top ,and servicing is 2 weeks before I go on my trip . Then after service everything again . Have fun at the show wish I could be there but it would be over by the time I get there ! Mike
Old 07-17-2015, 04:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Well the show in Duncan BC is this weekend so I have spent the last couple of days prepping and loading my fleet. I had forgotten how much work it was to service and load all this crud!
Reg
Preaching to the choir my friend! Atleast Duncan isn't a 1,500KM round trip!

BTW..... I think you have a problem.... You should get that looked at.
They looked at me and can't figure out what's wrong with me but maybe you'll have better luck.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well, we made it through the show without too many badly behaved children and mechanical breakdowns. As usual we were too busy having fun and talking to the spectators to really get an videos or pictures. I have to credit my wife for most of the pictures that we did get. Lou and I were there by ourselves on Sunday and at the end of the day we snapped a few shots but only two videos.

Anyway here is what I have. Hopefully the other guys can chime in and add some more.

Start of the day on Saturday.

Lou's best friend Rocco was having a great time!

Random stuff

115 heading to the BBQ

Last edited by RCP57; 07-20-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A few more

I got a little too close to the edge while BSing someone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqLNo3EtzPQ

Lou's TD25 has some serious power with the new motors!

Towards the end of the day Sunday I got the old Euc out. It was way too wide and heavy for the road we had built. While driving along the road gave way and it leaned over hard blowing the front tire.

Eventually, I ended up driving 115 around the show loaded. It gets the same reaction with little kids as an ice cream truck or the Pied Piper.lol

And the last few shots before Lou and I packed up.

A big thank you to the Duncan Forest discovery Center for providing us with some soil and the local ATHS for inviting us again this year!

Reg
Old 07-20-2015, 03:57 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Great Stuff Reg. Kim, thanks for all the great pictures!! Enjoyed the day and had a great time. Thanks for a shot of my table. People sure enjoyed the little hit and miss Too!
Rob
Old 07-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Reg and Lou and pic taker I needed this after today thanks for posting the pics glad you all had fun .mike
Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Well if your wife was the pic taker, then she must have taken a better one than this of you Reg?! Or atleast I assume that's you... cause I've never actually seen a picture of you before.

I was strongly considering coming to this meet this yr, before all the bad weather hit the past month... maybe next yr.

Joe
Old 07-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, yeah that's me Joe. I'm not much for being in pictures and Kim knows it. Lou has a bunch of pictures he said he would post here. I think I might be in one of those.lol Too bad you couldn't make it out. Lou and I were there by ourselves on Sunday but it was still a lot of fun as the crowd was bigger. An extra operator would have been great though and it also would be nice to BS in person with ya!
Old 07-21-2015, 11:33 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Great time at the show and the guys brought pleny of dirt ..Day 2

Old 07-22-2015, 12:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Seems like you guys had a great time. Someetimes it's more fun to run the models, not taking pictures

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:16 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
Seems like you guys had a great time. Someetimes it's more fun to run the models, not taking pictures
I'm notorious for that too, so busy having fun with the group that I never take a pic till it's too late or not at all.

Chase, Greg & Rob couldn't take the whole wkend off?!

Joe
Old 07-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Chase, Greg & Rob couldn't take the whole wkend off?!
Jason's boys aren't too interested in the hobby and didn't want to go again on Sunday and as for Greg and Rob.... Well there are a whole list of excuses there...

Lou and I represented things as best we could.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

looks like a lot of fun boys . Hotels and airport nearby ? Rental cars ? Taking a model (D6T in a carry on) on airplane ? Are us east cost yanks welcome ? Just a thought

Old 07-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
looks like a lot of fun boys . Hotels and airport nearby ? Rental cars ? Taking a model (D6T in a carry on) on airplane ? Are us east cost yanks welcome ? Just a thought
Of course you guys are welcome! We would love to have more people on our side of the caution tape! The forest museum wants us back to do a kids day they have coming up at the beginning of August but I don't think it will work out this year. We have also been invited to the Cowichan fall fair in Sept(11,12,13). We went there a couple of years back and it was good. They gave us a full truckload of soil so that was nice. Not sure if I can go but Lou has enough stuff and personality to entertain the crowds on his own!
Old 07-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Here a few shots of saturday as well..this time i remembered t take pics ...always welcome Steve ..I have a couch in the camper ..lol..It would be cool to have you come ..Im defiantly have one of your east coast shows on my bucket list as well..wonder if they would let me take the trummel on carry on ...lol..Joe ..It would definatly be goood to see you here ..We have lots of Iron here to run .. Ian from From Firgelli stopped by and he had a go screening some topsoil.....think he might be hooked ..ha ha ha ...Jason had a plan to bag it up and sell it to the spectators ..we made it thru the first part of sorting out about a 1/4 or so yard and somebody forgot to bring bags ..lol..Very warm but we had alot of fun .

Old 07-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
If you had the time Steve, my favorite trip I made out west was , fly to Calgary, rent a car drive through the mountains clear across BC , jump on the ferry and on to the island.
I must warn you, once your there, you will not want to leave! And not just because of Reg
Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I mapped it , It's a long 4 day drive for me . I'm actually thinking about driving it . It be a nice get-a-way .