RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2012, 01:17 AM

Jeremy is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

G'day All, Jeremy here from Perth, Western Australia.

I'm new to this forum and RC in general. I got my RTR HK excavator last week to do some trials (which I'll explain in a sec) and have been having fun shifting sand in the pit out the back.

I stumbled upon this scale movement by accident a little over a month ago and believe I have found my calling Seriously! Let me explain..

I'm sure one or all of you have had this idea before. What I want to set up is a scale open-pit mine where people can come from afar to try their luck in the mines. There'll be rewards scattered through the dirt (or other medium) where users will dig, load, transport and sift to get there hands on it (all controlled via r/c).

Why? because haven't you noticed those sad faces on the people at the trade shows and public meets standing behind the fence, watching... praying that you'll turn around and hand them the controls?? they need a turn too! hahaha

I've registered the business and am now on the hunt for my fleet.

At this point I've read up on whats on offer and am yet to make a decision on what to choose. I plan on starting out with 4 Excavators, 4 Dump trucks and 4 F. W. Loaders ( though I'm thinking to substitute the loaders for 4 extra trucks so that the excav. operators aren't waiting too long whilst truck 1 is doing a dump :P)

The reason for 12 (which I'm thinking isn't enough) is purely based on my budget as I need to stretch my funds to cover the cost of the mine itself, to rent the warehouse, pay insurance etc. So that being said I stumbled upon a youtube video of a hydraulic Bruder conversion posted by lele1077 and I like what I see. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKSQE...gGTujuFIrgA%3D) From what I can gather they seem to be coming soon for around the 1900 euro mark.. can anybody confirm this?) I have sent him a message requesting a quote though so far no reply. Does anyone have any info on this model.. or is there anybody here who would be interested in tendering for the supply of RTR bruder conversions (please get in touch if so).

I'd be grateful and appreciative of any suggestions/advice for the fleet or the mine site.

I'd also just like to say how impressed I am with all of the work on these forums! If I can put together a piece of machinery like what I've seen here before I'm old and grey, then I'll go a happy man.

Regards,

Jeremy