RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:59 AM

roadie1960 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Winter Project part 1

Hi, thanks for all your comments.....to answer some of the questions ....lol.....
the reefer trailer is scratch biult and running on tamiya gear, it is a true to scale 53ft reefer which measures 43.5 inches.
The mack cab came from a friend of mine who has set himself up doing tamiya and scatch biulds. he holds the patent for the cab and a pod just like the one from convoy. If i am allowed to put his website on here i will do for anyone who wishes to contact him over the mack cab. Th sleeper pod on the back of mine is indeed statch biult from styrene as is the rear fenders on both trucks.
Finally sorry im not from canada but from England. but i do have a brother living in east canada who i will be visiting next year
Old 12-16-2011, 06:42 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Very interesting on the Mack cab! I would say have your friend contact us ( one of the mods) here and he can sign up for a vender spot. I'm sure he can do well with Mack cabs! Thanks!

Brian
Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 AM

dsm4g63punk is on a distinguished road

That mack would sure make a great daycab coal bucket for me! id for sure buy one
Old 12-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: My Winter Project part 1

I love the truck and trailer. The build is fantastic. Thank you for the information about the bodies available

In a previous post you stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie1960 View Post
Hi, thanks for all your comments.....to answer some of the questions ....lol...
the reefer trailer is scratch biult and running on tamiya gear, it is a true to scale 53ft reefer which measures 43.5 inches.
The true 1/14 53' conversion is 45 7/16 inches long. The 43 1/2 would be a scale 50' 9", which is 2' 3" short of the 53' length

No one would notice the difference without a calculator and a measuing tape. It looks great and the colors are excellent. You, sir, are a craftsman

Be happy, have fun, & drive safely

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."