RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D Printed D10T Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Awsome Jason ..Are you happy with the power of the new gear motors now?...Im looking forward to seeing this beast in the dirt ..Nice
Lou, yes I'm pretty happy with the gear motors now. As you can see from the vid, the speed is perfect And I need to test a little bit more by adding some plate steal inside the chassis for weight but the motors will not stall while pushing an object heavier than the dozer itself. The tracks loose traction, but this was on concrete. Dirt will be diff but I think the tracks will still break loose if pushing something too heavy. Thanks for following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHowie View Post
That is one beautiful machine, awesome build thread. Now get it dirty!
Thank you. Will post some video in the dirt asap.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

An absolutely unbelievable build! It is so realistic. I don't have much experience with electronics so what sound system are you using? Ken
Old 05-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
An absolutely unbelievable build! It is so realistic. I don't have much experience with electronics so what sound system are you using? Ken
Thank you, and sorry about that I never mentioned anything about that, or showed that the Servonaut SMT I'm using for sound is tucked up under the 2 Sabertooth 2x12 motor controllers. I printed a little organizer for the electronics to mount to, to keep things neat and the sound module can't be seen in the pics.

The sound isn't bad, actually sounds good in person due to the larger speaker and speakerbox I'm using. I had this SMT laying around, I'm curious to know what the new sounds on the new Servonaut modules sound like.. May have to place and order cause this SMT was actually supposed to be for my excavator.

Last edited by JDH429; 05-02-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Thank you, and sorry about that I never mentioned anything about that, or showed that the Servonaut SMT I'm using for sound is tucked up under the 2 Sabertooth 2x12 motor controllers. I printed a little organizer for the electronics to mount to, to keep things neat and the sound module can't be seen in the pics.

The sound isn't bad, actually sounds good in person due to the larger speaker and speakerbox I'm using. I had this SMT laying around, I'm curious to know what the new sounds on the new Servonaut modules sound like.. May have to place and order cause this SMT was actually supposed to be for my excavator.
Jason, I've haven't had experience with the sabertooth motor controllers yet but have a conversion on the books for one, why did you use 2? I thought that the 2x12 operated 2 motors? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Jason that looks real good. Ed
Thanks Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azonic View Post
Wow, very nice looking!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_farmer View Post
Jingle bells, Jingle bells......., very nice build and extraordinary talent!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Jason, I've haven't had experience with the sabertooth motor controllers yet but have a conversion on the books for one, why did you use 2? I thought that the 2x12 operated 2 motors? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.
I used the second controller to operate the 12 volt linear actuators on the blade. These controllers are great, and will def use them again for my next project.