RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Wedico Pete (project Money Hungry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You want a update Craig?... well here ya go...LOL This is the aftermath when you decide you want to do a color change !! It's also the one redeeming quality of owning a aluminum bodied truck. If you screw up your paint, you throw it in a bucket of lacquer thinner, come back 20 minutes later to bare parts, and start over again.

The chassis in the lower right will slide under the COE when it gets here.
That's beautiful!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

Rick,

Your diligence in getting the truck "just right" is an inspiration all on its own!! Takes a lot to strip down and repaint... twice!

As for your driveline, I really like the compact driveline concept and not having to dedicate a radio channel to a shifting servo. In my rigs, I don't typically shift at all! I use one gear and go. The only difference has been at Indy last year I actually needed to use first to get up the steep incline on the one side of the bridge... it wasn't going up in 3rd at all.

What is the final RPM of your gear motor? I'd be curious to know what "gear" it matches up with a stock trans w/ 4:1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Green Horn

Rogue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepside View Post
Rick,

Your diligence in getting the truck "just right" is an inspiration all on its own!! Takes a lot to strip down and repaint... twice!

As for your driveline, I really like the compact driveline concept and not having to dedicate a radio channel to a shifting servo. In my rigs, I don't typically shift at all! I use one gear and go. The only difference has been at Indy last year I actually needed to use first to get up the steep incline on the one side of the bridge... it wasn't going up in 3rd at all.

What is the final RPM of your gear motor? I'd be curious to know what "gear" it matches up with a stock trans w/ 4:1.

Thx Rod, but impatience was more of a contributing factor than diligence. I rushed it the last time, i knew it, and it bit me in the a$$. And even though i really liked the purple/black color combo, I'm really excited to see the new rendition. I should have the final coats on it later tonight, and after it cures overnight, she should be a roller again tomorrow.

As to the RPM question, Nathan and a few others ran all the numbers, and the results can be seen towards the end of this thread.
http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=318

My other truck is a Komatsu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

It is going to be good looking rick and the COE I can t wait to see it on a stretched out frame..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 12-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Green Horn

Rogue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker 1-9 View Post
ello ol friend. nice to see this ol Pete again and nice to see a color change going on. Are you planning on doing another yellow hauler with this one?

BTW Things is going a bit better on my end, hope to be getting back into the groove of things once again. I am missing my Wedico's already. heh
Hey Dustin, good to see you over here now.

You can miss this Wedico all you want to , but i'm NOT sending it to Hawaii TWICE

My other truck is a Komatsu

Old 01-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Green Horn

hauler_10-4 is on a distinguished road

Wow Rick your changing it again. I'll have too watch and see whats next.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 AM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

love the mesh in the grill!!!!!!!!!!where did you get it from thanks