RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2018, 09:59 AM

ChILd_ReBoRn is on a distinguished road
Default Starting a new build... something...

So. After a long, long time tinkering with various cable driven machines, and finally setting up a small utility vehicle that I called a Poor Man's Dozer, or PMD for short, i decided to embark on a long journey called RC tech. I have absolutely no experience in RC technics, so I'm a total noob in everything related.

I've decided to build another all purpose vehicle, with a blade, and with a 3 point hitch for some implements. Speaking of witch, I just realized I forgot to order a 3rd ESC for the implement motors. Blah.

So, what do I have already:

flysky 6 ch remote
2 ECS's
2 drive motors (40 RPM worm gear, hopefully enough torque)
4 10 kg servos (metal gear)

I still need 3rd ECS, 11,1V LiPo and some kind of drive train.

My current dozer has heng long plastic tracks from a panzer III tank. They work great, have enough grip, but look silly with a narrow footprint. I found some new ones, rather cheap, plastic or metal ones with a 45mm width, but I'm not sure what sprockets they need.

If I managed to connect everything as it should be, in my head, this setup should work:

blade servo to one channel
3 point hitch servo to another channel.
Left motor to ECS, and ECS to servo and battery.
Same for the right motor.

That leaves me with 2 free channels

One channel would go to another ECS and a jack port for implements (a mower, logging winch and a tipper), and that leaves me with one channel. I think I'd use it for lights or something. How do I connect the lights? is there any kind of an interface or do I directly plug them in into the receiver?

And last thing.. how do servos work exactly? are they always self centering, or are they reliant on the TX stick position?

for an example.. if I put the blade control on a non spring loaded lever, and push it all the way one side, would the servo move to one side and stay put? Would it stop in all positions respectively of the lever position? When I push the directional stick forward, does it work like a throttle? slight push motors moves slowly, bigger push motor runs faster? same as a potention meter regulated PWM?

thank you for now.

I have no fancy tools, nor any money, so this will be a simple build.. no fancy milling and expensive parts, but.. to each his own. As long as it's pushing dirt.. I'm happy

PMD V 1.0

PMD V2.0

video

everything is rather crude, but it's functional. As I said.. only basic tools used