RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 10-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

There's always a sketchy part to the haul road!!! Usually keeps the drivers awake. But that whole road looks sketchy!!!!! Lol!!!!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I figured it out this morning after seeing Franks write up on his FB post . Man that model pulls like a beast .

:edit: Joe hows the rum in the 4206 with the pump and valves added ? Me thinking again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:38 AM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Can't wait to see some pictures of the 490 progress
Old 10-05-2014, 12:46 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Here's the vid for the 4206 pulling the bellydumpers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ooz...ature=youtu.be

Sketchy is an understatement RW...

Steve, the room? very tight!!! That electric steering apparatus takes up a lot of space, the motor/pump is directly in front on the other side of drive axle & a small oil tank at the front. The valves & 3s batt are up in the cab.

Calum, looks like warmer weather this coming week, so not much time for hobbies. I finished my winter wheat yesterday YAY Just the flax left to do, I hope to get started on it tomorrow.

Joe
Old 10-05-2014, 12:57 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

hmm, I wonder if he'd exchange steer servo app. with a pump . Not that I would put an interior in .

I was watching some vids on these lil buggers last night and had a brain attack I got 2 bowls sittin around . 1 will get competed as a self propelled but I'm not sure I'm going to doo the 2nd 1 . Sooo......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:58 PM
BANNED

I opted for the steering apparatus so I'd an extra valve for something else... but given the size of that complex component you could probably stack another 2 valve block in it's place (maybe) without interfering with the steering cyls.

The front part of the 4206 is exactly like the B50 & B45 ADT's.

Joe
Old 10-05-2014, 02:27 PM

I might go with your type of setup . How do you go about ordering from him for this side of the pond , email/phone ?

Old 10-05-2014, 07:13 PM
BANNED

I do everything with Frank via email & bank wire.

Joe
Old 10-06-2014, 02:18 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

I look forward to the updates i'm sure they will be good! I noticed Frank had put a link to one of your videos on his page

Nice to read you've purchased a few more? A small fleet renewal?
Old 10-29-2014, 01:25 AM
BANNED

I got power & lights two wks ago, but no time till today to do some work in there. I tidied up the middle room & added some shelving. These LED lights are super bright!!!

This air compressor use to be in my farm shop, I think it's 30yrs old. I bought a new one for the farm shop that has 4x the CFM, which was awesome for filling trk tires & blowing off machinery this Fall.

I elected not build the front room workbench till now so the electrician had room to install power. That'll be tomorrow's project.

I'm gonna put a rack here under this light in the back room as this will be where I hang parts to be painted.

Even with the backroom walls not painted white, it's still very bright, these LED lights are awesome! There's probably more than 3 cubes of dirt layered & packed around outside perimeter, that was a great summertime project to build up & grade. I'll be building higher again next summer with the pan.

Currently it's about -1 outside & a comfy 17 in my workshop. The heaters don't seem to run that much, it'll be interesting to see when it's -35 how well they do.

Joe
Old 10-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Work shop is looking really good joe-It will be nice to see that D9 gruntin & pushin some dirt.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Shop is looking good! When are we gonna see that D9 moving?

Old 10-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Looks like you will be able to fill up those benches soon!! Love the white walls and those lights do look bright!! Had about 65degrees here today, possibly flurries this weekend but not as far north as you. So you about done with the real work for winter? So what projects are being planed for the new shop?? Looks good and lots of space!!
Old 11-09-2014, 04:09 PM
BANNED

Not done the real work yet RW, last couple wks busy either loading Btrains long hauling & trking grain locally myself. This coming wk I have at least 6 Btrains coming for mustard & feed grains and I have deliveries to make to the hog barn just down the road from me. Plus I have 190mt of fertilizer to get home from town sometime before Dec 1st... gonna be at it for awhile yet... and winter arrived today with 6" snowfall forecasted over the next couple days & -20C by tomorrow morning... a 30 degree temperature change in just a few days Brrrrr

So yesterday was about 4hrs of dirt hauling out of the basement before dark... the last 50 loads worth for the yr.I think I may have moved out just over 3cubes this yr, about 2 cubes in the last 3 wkends. I was looking for a picture that showed where I was at last spring, but it doesn't look like I took one, although the vid 'Hauling out in April' shows the size of the pile last Spring.

I spread out Izzy's dozer kit on the workbench last Sunday night & almost as quickly as I started - I was done! b/c I didn't have a 2.5mm tap. How I really hate that when I get charged up to do something & suddenly realize I can't b/c a part is missing or a tool I don't have... where I live there is no running down town for a quik buy! I had taps by Friday & started building the tracks Friday night.

A quick trip to the city Monday afternoon for farm business, I picked this up too... some of you can probably guess what it is.

I'm sure glad my hotrod diesel isn't a long box, it just barely fits with a foot or so front & back.

My contractor got the cement work done around the westside of my house mid Oct. The pad by the step, I'm thinking I will put a hot tub there.

And they came last week to do the framing. The metal siding was ordered after b/c the contractor wanted to get it cut to ground contour, as it is known now there is a 13" difference in height from the house down to the back of shop. Contractor figures they'll still get it put up before xmas, but the spray foam insulation will have to wait till next summer for warmer temps for adhesion... I don't think I'll be doing any digging in there this winter.

This pile of dirt is what the tlb took out around the house for cement prep, this will be a fantastic job for the 10 scale D9 to level out & spread next summer.

Joe
Old 11-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

You've been busy Joe! Your shop is coming along really nice and I am envious of all that space! So what welder did you buy? Is it a straight up TIG or ???

I can't wait to see you weld up some cool sh**! I guess my stuff won't be very unique anymore now that all the heavy hitters are getting TIG welders!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That's what I was guessing, tig. I'm on the border between miller or Hobart easy tig. Hopefully Santa will find his way down the gas vent to the Xmas tree in garage, right next to the workbench. . I also have been using office furniture (leftover / abandoned stuff) I've acquired. I raised the main desk I work at by about 10". And finally found a cheep chair at staples office supply. It's adjustable from regular to bar height. Simple, plastic rollers, (better on smooth concrete) and was cheep for a new chair. I can imagine with all that new room you are gonna be rolling around a lot!!
I know what you mean about not having anywhere to go when you need something. I have plenty around here but never can find exactly what I need when I need it too!! I lucked out with McMaster Carr, if I get my order in before 3-4 I have it next day and no extra shipping. I've learned on a lot of this little stuff to order two, my lack of eye hand coordination usually ends up breaking those little taps!!! Keep the posts up to date on the new dozer. And yes you are right about one of your fellow countrymen, the one who beat me to guessing what's in the box, his dump boxes are darn good!!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and I'll post up some more machining operations if you post up some welding stuff
Old 11-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Everything's looking good Joe. I see what you mean about building more benches and why you wrapped them all around the building since you already have one covered up

I'm with Coop and Reg, new tig!?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:16 PM
BANNED

It's a Miller 180 tig welder... I told the clerk what I wanted to weld (steel & aluminum) & thicknesses, this is what he recommended... other than that I don't know, I was kinda in a hurry. They didn't have it in stock, it was delivered to a friend's business in town where I picked it up Friday... it's still in the box. It came with a book, "tig welding for dummies", I should go fish that out right now & get busy reading.

I think you're quite safe in that regard Reg, I won't be welding any trk cabs anytime soon. I hope my tig skills develop quickly enough to have a mule train of cross dumps worthy of the 4206 to pull by spring.

Sounds like a fair trade RW. I don't think the learning curve will be too difficult for me, I got pretty good at vertical stick welding with professional looking results before getting a mig 10yrs ago. Mig is just easy peasy to do with thicknesses greater than 1/8. I'm juiced to learn tig welding now, I just hope my eyesight is good enough to see the correct puddle I need to achieve... how my eyes have changed in just the last 3yrs.

Here's a vid I made yesterday. Using just the one bd trl the last two wkends, my turn arounds are less than half the time with the Btrain... about 12 loads an hour = roughly two 5ga pails of dirt. The B lead volume is about 2/3's of the pup, so I'm getting out more dirt per hour with one trl vs two.

http://youtu.be/B3pO6KycamI

Joe
Old 11-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I am assuming you bought the Diversion 180? I started out with a Diversion 165 and it was/is a great little welder. The 180 comes with a foot pedal and a few other options over the 165 so I think it will be a great machine for you. I use a Lincoln now but it was just the right deal at the right time for a larger, more light/commercial welder. For what we do I don't think it is necessary to have all the bells and whistles. It just adds to the confusion while we are teaching ourselves!lol I do use the pulse feature on my Lincoln from time to time but not always. It is nice for doing long beads on thin material. Does the 180 have that? The 165 did not. A friend of mine that is a welder/fabricator by trade told my to buy a Dynasty 200. It was out of my price range but also out of my realm of understanding with way too many adjustments! I'm still learning from the TIG welding for dummies DVD!lol

Good luck with it and remember to be patient!