RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Haha! I just happened to look right as you posted I think! I had to look back through your thread to make sure I wasn't dreaming about the window being cut out. Then I was like...OH OH something happened!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Nathan, it's looking real good. Keep the updates coming!
Thanks Kent! I appreciate the comment. I need all the motivation I can get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Once again you have outdone yourself Nathan. You know how I feel about clear lenses but it's your truck and that's why they're clear! I can't wait to see the mudflap hangers because that will change the look again, truck also deserves to simple classy chrome mudflap weights back there.

No offend Nathan but my God those Wedico diffs are crude looking! Keep up the build, one of the most custom machined, unique builds to date.
Thank you Craig! I'll be the first to agree with you. The Wedico axles are pretty crude looking. Hang tight. They may not be under the rear of the truck for much longer. I would love to get some mudflaps with a chrome Cummins 'C' on them (where am I going to get that?!), but I'll probably go with your advice, and keep it simple and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Haha! I just happened to look right as you posted I think! I had to look back through your thread to make sure I wasn't dreaming about the window being cut out. Then I was like...OH OH something happened!
Reg, uh oh is right! I've had my goof ups building this truck, I just don't talk about it much. Some parts I made, then made again, before I got them right. I hate remaking parts, but I hate doing a mickey mouse job more. I'm such a perfectionist, even the smallest mistakes irritate me to no end, and so I don't quit till I get things right. It's a character flaw!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Okay guys, here's a small update. Fuel tank saddles! These things, I tell you, they test my patience, no matter what kind of truck I'm building. Machining the ones used on my Wedico Peterbilt was way tougher, but these Kenworth style tank saddles are not going quite as easy as I thought they would. Never the less, I've made some headway.

I made a test piece first, to see if my ideas would even work. It didn't turn out to bad. The test piece is the only one in the following photo that has been machined to a finished state (more or less), and it's standing upright.

The other five pieces are still in a semi-raw state.

I made five, for those 'oops, just in case' mistakes. I only need to get four right. One can be a practice piece. Here is the first test piece, bolted to the truck. The radius is larger then it should be, but hey, that's why it's a test piece! The tanks are going to be 1.5" in diameter, when it's all said and done.

Don't mind the oil and 'luminum chips! I guess I didn't wipe them all off, for the photo!

Just a little mock-up photo to see how everything might look. The quarter fender is not permanently mounted yet. I'm not sure on the exact placement yet, but it does look decent right where it's at. The fuel tanks are going to be shorties. I like the way they look, and it's fitting, for a day cab.

And a couple of the quarter fender.

Now I need to finish the rest of the tank saddles, and start making some tank straps. That's all for now. Thanks for looking!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Now I need to finish the rest of the tank saddles, and start making some tank straps. That's all for now. Thanks for looking!

the tank saddles get easier after you make a few hundred of them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:38 PM

dirthalr is on a distinguished road

You never cease to amaze me. Awesome as usual.