RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Robbie

Anyone order directly from Robbie ? just wondering how it's handled . Do they charge you the vat even if I'm from this side of the pond ? their shipping seems a little on the high side also 50.00 eur for 2 lil cylinders

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Robbie

I order my linde forklift from robbe.com years ago. They deduct the VAT tax and I believe that might be the standard rate on shipping.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road

some places deduct the VAT right away others don't , you have to ask for .
Legally they only should do that if you have your own business over here and then you have to give them your tax-ID . To be able to ship to the US without charging the German VAT these dealers have to do some tax-paper-work within Germany . Some do it some don't .
As for shipping , since all international shipping out of Germany has been taken over by DHL ( or UPS , if you ask for ) , the rates have sky-rocket . small 1 pond packet is already 30+ something Euros = the 40+something or even 50 US $ . If you do order small stuff you should ask to have it send as a letter , which can be around 10-15 US $ .

I usually contact the German dealers / manufactures directly and do NOT use there shopping-cart systems
Old 08-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomRCmodels View Post
some places deduct the VAT right away others don't , you have to ask for .
Legally they only should do that if you have your own business over here and then you have to give them your tax-ID . To be able to ship to the US without charging the German VAT these dealers have to do some tax-paper-work within Germany . Some do it some don't .
As for shipping , since all international shipping out of Germany has been taken over by DHL ( or UPS , if you ask for ) , the rates have sky-rocket . small 1 pond packet is already 30+ something Euros = the 40+something or even 50 US $ . If you do order small stuff you should ask to have it send as a letter , which can be around 10-15 US $ .

I usually contact the German dealers / manufactures directly and do NOT use there shopping-cart systems
thanks Willy , I did that with AFV thats why I was surprised at the shipping . I'll drop them an Email

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.