RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stahl 922 help

That's Liembach's esc, it always works in mix mode, can't turn it off for individual ch function like the choice you'd have with a Sabertooth.

I'd move from Aux 1 to Aux 3 so the knob will give proportional control for/rev. Then Aux 2 used for steering.

With the 3pos switch centered on Aux 2, it should drive straight, and up or down should steer lt/rt... is it doing that?

I was using some 9amp Banebot esc's for pump control, but Robotmarketplace no longer can get them. But this one from E-flite seems to be a suitable replacement and even has a lipo cut off should you choose to use one... although the lower voltage of 9 to 12.6 will slow down the hyd speed vs a 10 cell @13.4v fully charged.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-EFLA105.html

Then setting up the mix on the radio is super simple & will extend batt run times greatly not having the pump run wide open all the time.

Joe
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
That's Liembach's esc, it always works in mix mode, can't turn it off for individual ch function like the choice you'd have with a Sabertooth.

I'd move from Aux 1 to Aux 3 so the knob will give proportional control for/rev. Then Aux 2 used for steering.

With the 3pos switch centered on Aux 2, it should drive straight, and up or down should steer lt/rt... is it doing that?

I was using some 9amp Banebot esc's for pump control, but Robotmarketplace no longer can get them. But this one from E-flite seems to be a suitable replacement and even has a lipo cut off should you choose to use one... although the lower voltage of 9 to 12.6 will slow down the hyd speed vs a 10 cell @13.4v fully charged.

Then setting up the mix on the radio is super simple & will extend batt run times greatly not having the pump run wide open all the time.
Joe, Thanks for the help again. OK, I switched the aux1 to aux3 and yes that seems to run straight and yes that way I can control th espeed as well. I ordered one of the ESC's you recomended and I am going to try to mix my radio so the pump only energizes with a call for function.

I have a Stahl WA500 as well but it has Servonaut for ESC and hydraulic control and the pump shuts off after a few seconds of no stick control. I would like to add sound to both machines as well, I am assuming the WA500 will be no problem as it already has Servonaut so I can just add a SMX.

What do you think the best option for the 922 would be considering the existing ESC? or should I just cahnge everything to Servonaut?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Joe, just tried switching the aux1 to aux3, and now with aux2 three position switch centered the left track moves slow in either direction when moving aux 3 knob. When aux2 switch is up or down both tracks move in either direction when turning aux3 knob.

I tried switching aux2 with aux3 as well and that's worse when switching aux2 one track goes forward and the other backward.

Sorry to bother you, but any thoughts?