RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures.

Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures. If you have buildings and other structures that you have built to use with your Rc's here is your place to share them.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My little logistic center

The yellow and black Mack looks nice! I see the Traxxas 3.3 cooling heads are starting to ship, and that Futaba servo finally came in! Nice work. Is that little forklift a Tamiya science kit, or did it come from somewhere else?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
The yellow and black Mack looks nice! I see the Traxxas 3.3 cooling heads are starting to ship, and that Futaba servo finally came in! Nice work. Is that little forklift a Tamiya science kit, or did it come from somewhere else?
Hahaha, you are correct . The forklift is a tamiya that I converted to full rc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road

This is a very nice depot, looks really good. How hard is it to back then trailers into the loading dock?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy16 View Post
This is a very nice depot, looks really good. How hard is it to back then trailers into the loading dock?
Thank you! Backing up is not hard but not easy either, just takes some practice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Really nice setup. Now trucking has a real purpose besides just running down the road. Do you have a computer program to generate shipping tickets and bills of lading? Then you could ship loads to the wrong customers, just like for real. I like all the detail you put in everything.

Ken
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Really nice setup. Now trucking has a real purpose besides just running down the road. Do you have a computer program to generate shipping tickets and bills of lading? Then you could ship loads to the wrong customers, just like for real. I like all the detail you put in everything.

Ken
LOL! Thanks Ken, That would be funny, we have a stop watch to use for timing a delivery from one platform to another, maybe we should see how "late" instead of how quick we can make a delivery

Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Looks great! is the gator rc?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

What a sweet set up. You have a whole town. Cant wait to see the outdoor set up.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: My little logistic center

that looks great..where did you get the floor black and yellow tape from or how did you install it.i like that idea and would love to use that in my cross dock terminal if you don't mind sharing that info..thanks..looks great and btw i will be right over to play...
Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
that looks great..where did you get the floor black and yellow tape from or how did you install it.i like that idea and would love to use that in my cross dock terminal if you don't mind sharing that info..thanks..looks great and btw i will be right over to play...
Haha, Well thank you! I actually made the tape. If you look closely at the first picture you'll see it sitting on the side. I got some yellow vinyl sheet, black 1/4 vinyl tape, you can see how I spaced it on the main sheet, diagonal strips(black), then I cut them horizontally in 1/4 wide strips (black/yellow). It takes time, but for me it was calming as I enjoy working with a sharp exacto knife . I hope this helps.

Last edited by MoRockN; 03-18-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM

DaBomb6988 is on a distinguished road

That's a sweet Mack you have there
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRockN View Post
Haha, Well thank you! I actually made the tape. If you look closely at the first picture you'll see it sitting on the side. I got some yellow vinyl sheet, black 1/4 vinyl tape, you can see how I spaced it on the main sheet, diagonal strips(black), then I cut them horizontally in 1/4 wide strips (black/yellow). It takes time, but for me it was calming as I enjoy working with a sharp exacto knife . I hope this helps.

Genius! I love it. Thanks for sharing
I too want to build a dock this summer and the tape will look great and it should pass the health and safety inspection lol.

Mario
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

yes that helps out perfect.i know all about doing little things like that.the reflective tape on my trailers were all cut from rolls of actual dot approved reflective tape and individually installed one by one..i like it better than the imitation reflective tape sticker.and my trailers reflect at nighti can appreciate how it calms you
Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Apprentice

Well I'm glad you guys like it. Here is what I did today.

More to come.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

That's it Im telling my wife i need space!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Diesel,

At least your wife may listen, my cat (like most pets), now thats another story.

I had a 6' x 8' diorama table for BattleTech years back, and she'd hop up, knock over mechs, and sometimes even eat the lichen! At least ya dun have to worry about 'invading monsters'...

Gorgeous diorama Mo, keep it up. If I think of any 'tips', I'll toss 'em your way. I've been tempted to convert one of the cheaper R/C forklifts, as the gorgeous Robbe/Linde one is a real punch in the pocket.

Oh, any tips on crates and pallets, like measurements? I have been fabricating crates and such for my tanks for ages, using coffee stir-sticks and popsicle sticks, and anything else I think is useful.

WhiteWolf
Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
That's it Im telling my wife i need space!
LOL! well don't word it like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf McBride View Post
Diesel,

At least your wife may listen, my cat (like most pets), now thats another story.

I had a 6' x 8' diorama table for BattleTech years back, and she'd hop up, knock over mechs, and sometimes even eat the lichen! At least ya dun have to worry about 'invading monsters'...

Gorgeous diorama Mo, keep it up. If I think of any 'tips', I'll toss 'em your way. I've been tempted to convert one of the cheaper R/C forklifts, as the gorgeous Robbe/Linde one is a real punch in the pocket.

Oh, any tips on crates and pallets, like measurements? I have been fabricating crates and such for my tanks for ages, using coffee stir-sticks and popsicle sticks, and anything else I think is useful.

WhiteWolf
I had a friend build the pallets for me, he builds finger skate boarding sets and stuff. They're really good quality swiss wood, I've walked on a couple by accident once and nothing broke. But I have used the popsicle sticks on some smaller ones, I just like a little heavier pallets so they hold up better as I use them all the time. But shoot me any ideas you have. Working on depot lights and a sign next.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post

Ken
just like the model railroaders do
Old 09-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Apprentice

Speaking of project ADD , here is how I got side tracked, a little addition to the fleet of logistic stuff, a power/storage container. Pictures should explain everything . It can power anything that runs on 12v. 4 outlets so far. I may add more if I need to.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

What a great idea for a sea container! The lights work great and not just for show
I've been following this thread since the start. It's one of the main inspirations for me to build my own dock. Really adds to the Rc trucking experience. I've enjoyed the building and playing with the dock but unlike an awesome indoor set up, having it outside has been a little tougher and can only play, weather permitting and this hasn't been the driest summer on record for us up here, that's for sure!

Thanks for sharing, and keep the update pics coming

Mario