RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures.

Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures. If you have buildings and other structures that you have built to use with your Rc's here is your place to share them.

Old 10-01-2022, 07:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Ice Cream Concession trailer

Teaser...

Needed to do a Scale-check for an OMH metal thing i ran across. Something important but very rarely seen on the model course.

Concessions trailer? What you talking about?

I'd hoped for a little bigger, but it might not be too far off?

Needs some upgrades though.
http://blog.themousemarket.com/dollh...cone-tutorial/
http://blog.themousemarket.com/makin...lay-ice-cream/
http://easydiyminiatures.com/Printab...bar%201-02.jpg

Considering names like "Sugar Rush" , "Sundae Driver" , "Drippy Hippie"

Always need some random words like "Winners get sprinkles", "Well i'll be dipped", "Time for a cold snack"

Man it's a hot one, like 7 inches from the midday sun...

Ice Cream rig is probably a little more 1/16-1/18 scale, but that'll probably help it drive on the course since the Cloth awnings are glued to welded steel that can't pull in.

It needs Lights. Many lots of lights! Interior, Exterior, Sign, Driving markers...
Already had an odd looking 3 head soft-serve machine.
Gonna need an operator, cash register, maybe a menu board. It needs a freezer for hand-scooped, freezer for bars, some cone displays... i mean it's only a ship-in-bottle dollhouse, why make it easy?

Might sit static a lot, and i'm not really sure what should pull a 1960s Shasta ice-cream trailer. Thinking maybe a VW van or the Woody wagon?
Not really seeing it with something like a Pacer, Mini-truck, kustom van, rally car, convertible, or dump truck.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:14 AM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ice Cream Concession trailer

To funny...great idea... I've seen these in Hobby Lobby now every time I go in I look to see what they have....Just in case.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks jerry! i think it's a whole lot of fun trying to come up with different ideas to have on the courses. (Atleast i found this thing before a Wienermobile)

It needed a much better draw bar so i could actually mount a hitch coupler. I ran some old brazing rod through a die, munched part of those threads with pliers, drilled some holes in the existing tongue, and soldered a brass nut onto the threaded rod. Filled the tongue with JB Weld, making sure to get the threads packed and work out air bubbles. Threaded on a rod-end, and ran something through the nut for a jack.
{Pic}

Ok, now it "can trail behind a vehicle''. Squeaky-wobbly wheels don't matter yet, it meets the definition of Trailer. Time for doll-housing a truck, i mean adding details.

Ordered 30-ish 1/12 scale dollhouse ice cream cones from ebay. Started with some soft-serve swirl style sugar cones in Chocolate, Strawberry, and Orange. They suprised me with throwing in.some free Ice-cream Sandwiches (or Oreos, but that way wouldn't fit my scale)

Initial plan from those, try to make Sugar cones, Waffle cones, Cake cones, Bowls...
{Pic}

Counter-space with sink. Laminate chip-chart from redoing my kitchen, a wiggly eye basin, brass rod faucet

Needing to repaint the interior to get a certificate of sanitary construction, then start to apply for food vendor licenses, and while waiting on all of that decide how to make a cone type display, cone holder while we make an order, freezer, lighting, on board power...
Old 10-03-2022, 07:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Cool project!

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:30 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road

LOL that's a lot of detail....will you be able to really see it...???
Old 10-03-2022, 08:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks egronvold!

I'm sure it's going to be a lot of unnessicary overkill to ever see while it's moving. but i like ice cream, and being much too ambitious with projectl.