RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Exclamation How to post links and photos

This is a short tutorial showing how to add links and photos to your posts.

This is a photo driven forum so if you don't want to see on your thread then here is how you do it.

Lets start with the basics. In Fig 1.1 you see a screen shot of the post screen. #1 is the title box. When starting a new thread place the name you want for the thread here.

When looking at the standard post screen you will see the typical controls. Starting from the top left you have the font, the size of the font, the color of the font, similes, attachments, and forward and back buttons. The on the next row you have the font characteristics, Bold, Italicized, Under line. Then the alignment of the text, Left, Center, Right, and Justify. Then you have the numbered bullets, then the dot bullets. Next you have increase indent, and decrease indent.

All of these different buttons will place a html code in the post field. Then the text that you want modified goes in between the start code and finish code boxes which are signified by the "[" and "]" box ends.

Here is an example:

Lets say I want to change the font to "IMPACT". I would click on the drop down box for the font and click "IMPACT". This will place the proper code in the box like this {FONT="Impact"}{/FONT}. Now Type what you want in between the "]" after {FONT="Impact"} and before the "["{/FONT} like this "{FONT="Impact"}Test{/FONT}" This is the result TEST

Please note that in order for this code to show up here I had to interchange the "[ and ]" for "{ and }"

This is true for what ever button you push. If you change the font and the color then you will have the codes stacked. The important part is to place you text between the ] and the [ boxes ends. In html code there is a box that tells the computer what to change followed by the item to be changed, followed by the closing box. The use of the / in the closing box tells the computer to stop using the specific changes. There for the easiest way to find the proper spot for your text is to look for the first [/ in the code.

Now Fig 1.2 is the Link code icon. There is two ways you can use this button.

First simply copy the link you want to post then click on the link button and paste the link into the provided box. See Fig. 1.3

This will result in your entire link url being posted as a click thru link. If your url is long that can make for a unsightly post. If you want to clean it up simply type something like the name of the subject of the link, then highlight the name and click on the link button, paste your link and hit ok.

Here is an example:

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com

or the clean way.

The best RC Truck Forum

Both of these links will take you to the same place just one looks better than the other.

Now for posting photos. The board has the ability to upload photos for posting, however there are a few draw backs to doing this. First the board limits the size of the photo, not good for showing detail. Second the photos will not show up for someone browsing the site that is not logged in.

There are several site that host photo collections for free. Most of the members of the forum use Photobucket. This how-to shows how to post photos from Photobucket.

In Fig 1.4 you will see the photo code button. In the event you are NOT using Photobucket then one way to post a photo or if you are posting a photo from a web site, copy the url for the photo then click on the photo button.

Enter the photo url into the pop-up box and click ok. Fig 1.5

Photobucket has made this process a LOT easier. When you have a Photobucket account you pictures will be placed in folders and al the photos will have posting url's and linking url's. See Fig 1.6

When you mouse over the photo you want a drop down box like you see in Fig 1.6 will appear and give you choices. In order to post a photo to your post here, one simply need to click on the "IMG Code" button then return to the post box and right click then click on "Paste" it's that simple everything else is done automatically for you. (Another great advantage to using Photobucket)

That's it in a nutshell. There are just a few more things about posting that you will need to know.

Under the post box you will see some choices Fig 1.10

Number 1 is the Misc. options section. Here the first box will be checked if you set your User CP to add your signature to all posts. If you do not set the User CP (Control Panel) for this then you will need to check this box if you want your signature included in the post. If you have the CP set for signatures and do not wish to have it on this post then uncheck the box.

Then box 2 is the subscription box. If you are posting to a thread that you don't really want an email for added post sent every day then click on the drop down box and chose "Do Not Subscribe". This is also a function that the default can be changed in your CP. Likewise if your CP is set not to automatically subscribe to threads you post to but you want to subscribe to this thread then click this drop down box and make the appropriate choice.

Next is the "Submit" button (3) And the "Preview" button (4). Before you submit the post click on the Preview button and make sure all looks good. You can also Preview the post as many times as you like while you are building the post just to make sure you have everything going how you want it.

That's all there is to it. I hope you find this helpful. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me or any of the Moderators on the forum, or just about anyone for that matter, we are all willing to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to post links and photos

how are you able to put more than one photo in a reply i have tried this way to do one photo and its easy but i would like to put more than one photo in a reply ,if you right click on more than one photo in your photobucket albums will it paste all or do you still have to do it one at a time in the reply before you hit submit ..any help
Old 03-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
how are you able to put more than one photo in a reply i have tried this way to do one photo and its easy but i would like to put more than one photo in a reply ,if you right click on more than one photo in your photobucket albums will it paste all or do you still have to do it one at a time in the reply before you hit submit ..any help
You have to do each photo separately. Find the picture you want in your photobucket and click the img code as I stated in the directions. Then go to your post click on the body of the post, hit enter a time or two so that the photo is not at the end of text or another photo, and so that your photo has a line or two below any other photo or text. Then right click and paste. after your photo image code appears then hit enter a few more times and then go to your photobucket and do it all over again for the next picture.

Make sure you have the post screen for the forum on one tab and you open Photobucket in a different tab.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 10-06-2012, 06:38 PM

woodyvagen is on a distinguished road

Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Many times I have seen forum members attach a link to another thread on this forum within their post. How is that done? I know there are some functions I can't perform when using my IPad vs a laptop is that why I can't seem to find how to do it?

Mario
Old 11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

A link to a thread? Simply go to that thread & copy, then go to another thread to post it.

Or do you mean a picture from another thread? Go to the thread that has the picture you want to copy, right click the picture, click properties, highlight the url & copy, go to another thread and adding the image code paste the url link for the picture.

Joe
Old 11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Thanks John. The light just came on in my brain
So it's like photobucket in a way. Have 2 windows open, post in one and copy from the other.
Thanks, sometimes it's so easy to over complicate things and forget to just stick with the basics eh?

Mario
Old 01-15-2017, 07:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: How to post links and photos

Great idea making this a sticky. Maybe it should be in the new members section ? For the visual learners here's a short video on how to post pictures on a forum

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=BjnPAhAdxZQ
Old 06-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Would it be possible in the next update to remove the various photo options from the the paperclip and attach menus so people will stop thinking the board will let them do that anymore?
Old 06-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Bummer, photobucket decided to charge a fee now for posting photos on 3rd party sites. The plan is called "Plus 500 plan."
Directly off of photobuckets email,
"The subscriptions we offer are price competitive & we offer unlimited 3rd party hosting, no matter how popular your image is on your forum, blog or online store."
Old 06-30-2017, 10:10 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

If you have Face Book make the image public then copy and past it to your reply post or thread on here...

Cheers Tracy

Old 07-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Looks like the free market is going to have a correction on them...

Imgur
Dropbox
Instagram

I knew photobucket had become infected badly with Ad aids to the point it was unuseable, i didn't know they were going to commit suicide.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

But for USD399.99/year you get
oPlus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Additional Features of all Plus Accounts : When you upgrade to any Plus Account, you will also receive:
o Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. Email our PLUS Support Team

What a great deal! I use tech support for image hosting all the time... Almost one USD pr GB, don't think they will get much business.

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 07-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
What a great deal! I use tech support for image hosting all the time... Almost one USD pr GB, don't think they will get much business.
You never know, all those hostages, I mean folks that have tons of pictures for their businesses might have to sing up for that plan, unless they upload all those photos to another site and repost all those broken photobucket links...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Looks like the free market is going to have a correction on them...

Imgur
Dropbox
Instagram

I knew photobucket had become infected badly with Ad aids to the point it was unuseable, i didn't know they were going to commit suicide.
Until imgur, Dropbox, Instagram jumps on the photobucket band wagon...
The major problem I see is if and when I use, say Dropbox, it still doesn't fix all those forum posts that was used by photobucket folks. And I won't be even able the edit those posts due to timeframe.

Last edited by liftmys10; 07-01-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

If you have an account through Photobucket, and still have access, go download your pics if you don't already have them backed up on a drive!

I've heard a lot of locked out accounts are now being held for ransom since they have changed terms of use without any warning.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:36 PM
BANNED

Looks to me all that's being said here has to do with bandwidth usage... until all my photos disappear, I'm not gonna worry about.

Joe
Old 07-08-2017, 01:09 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Looks to me all that's being said here has to do with bandwidth usage... until all my photos disappear, I'm not gonna worry about.
Well... I got my notification email yesterday & I see my pics are gone today... oh well

Joe
Old 07-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

I haven't got an email yet but my pictures are gone on the forum also.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Same here started a flicker now **** photo bucket
Old 07-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Wondering how many thousands of threads have been ruined by this new policy around the wide web...

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram: