RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 02-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My Wife

finally some comic relief in here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

All you guys should grow balls ! Stop letting your wives push you around ! Mikes wife Sandy . I'm deciding I should keep my mouth shut I praise my wife ! Mike with trains in the basement ,trains outside , and of the last year trucks
Old 02-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

My best suggestion to you is to put her in the BANK. Ed
Old 02-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Journeyman

I got to stop letting my wife get my iPad , but she's a prize I'm not letting go soon . Mike
Old 02-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

Well my wife fully supports my addiction ...but if you realky want an honest opinion ...and this goes for all guys i hear talk about how their wives bark orders at them ..if you allow them to be that way then its your fault ..A marriage is a 2 way street ,its all about both of you,not just her and not just you.Now unless you are a r/c addict and spend every penny on toys but yet the household bills suffer and don't get paid then you need someone like her to have the restraint that you don't have.But as i see it,you worked your butt off to make the EXTRA money to pay for this excavator,that means over and above your regular pay.You should be able to buy it.My wife and i have a system.she has her household responsibilties and i have mine,as long as those commitments are looked after every month like they are supposed to be then what you have left over you can spend it on whatever you want ...a marriage is a joint effort for both parties not one sided..Oh and for the record we have been together for 30 yrs and married for 26 of those years and we get along just great ..so again if you let your wives or girlfriends get away with treating you like a child then you cannot complain about it..only you can change the way you choose to be treated by others
Old 02-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

All you guys are missing the point!!!!

The KAT was ordered. it was paid for with extra CASH money!!!
the point was really about WHY do you need a $2000.00 toy is all
I don't complain when she buys a horse blanket or crap for the dogs.
I don't drink or do drugs or go out with guys after work
Old 02-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I agree Dwayne. You know my wife and how easy going and supportive she is. The new limiting factor for me is the house we just bought a year ago. A great house not run down, but could use a new kitchen , we both want to finish the basement, gonna need a new garage in the next few years..... So everytime I find myself spending cash on the toys, I get that reminder of all the other stuff we need to save cash for!
no problem though. That's the whole reason for building a rc park. It's cheaper to play with them than it is to build em....... Unless I break em a lot
Old 02-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Journeyman

1985 Kenworth etal .... I agree Sandy and I been together , I just realized the same as 1985 ( but we're u married Groundhog Day? ) it's the same house is first toys right after , I also grew up with that attitude with my parents . Everything is equal . I see friends their wives spend cash till the credit card melts and when he buys a HO boxcar it has to smuggled in the dark of nite . Don't let them rule it's all equal . Sandy is still laughing at this thread . Mike
Old 02-13-2015, 06:35 PM

Joe25 is on a distinguished road

Well stated Dwayne (if I may be so bold as to use your name) I've been with my wife for 5 years and in that time (as life will do) we've had the ups and downs, at times I've been sole provider at times she has. At one point she asked me if she could buy hair dye (or something equally feminine can't rightly remember) I responded by asking her if she really needed my permission to spend money. I explained to her I was not being a smartass but that as long as the kids are fed and we have a place to live I didn't care what she bought. The one thing I've consistently repeated through those five years is that regardless of what's going on I have no money it's ours. Kinda funny that someone said their wife makes them buy stuff for himself... mine does too
Old 02-13-2015, 08:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Joe and Mario Mikem i agree with you guys ..we have been in walmart and overheard a guy ask his wife if he could get a pair of toronto maple leaf slippers ..she proceeded to belittle him telling him no he didn't need it but yet she had boxes of chocolates in the cart and let me tell you it goes both ways ..a women was shopping with her husband and 2 children and she put a box of fero rocher candies in the cart and he said take that out ..you are fat enough ..the point i am making is people this is your spouse...not a kid or the neighbors kid..he/she is your equal .Treat them with respect .we have a real truck business that we have to look after and that ZEUS no not the little one...lol the real one and our house comes first over everything ..the point is you should not have to make excuses or explain yourself or sneak your stuff in the house..that is WRONG and if the men and women let themselves be treated that way by their significant other than its their own fault .Same as staying in an abusive relationship...if you don't change or do something about it then you are part of the problem
Old 02-13-2015, 09:49 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a great wife who for 20 some years was my crew chief on my race car, never said I could not have anything, and some times bought part I could not afford.. Now that the racer is gone she misses the traveling and the people.. When it came time for my new hobby, she is still my supporter not as involved as before but as some of you know my wife is right there in the heat and cold when we have been to play with our trucks.. Never said once you can not have that part, but some times reminds me of my budget.. and there is nothing wrong with that....... As you all have said it is a two way street, respect is everything.....

Just my 2 cents......

My wife and I will be at all the show together as always.. Sometimes for difference reasons but we are there together.....
Old 02-13-2015, 11:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes Wayne she is there and love having her share with us..it was her who helped sort out the layout at clifford and she shot the video of us at the Howick Fall Fair ..thanks Angela and thanks Wayne
Old 02-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Green Horn

hammer is on a distinguished road

That's why I have a separate account from my wife she has no idea what I spend on anything and if she does happen to ask I always cut price in half or more.....

TONY
Old 02-24-2015, 09:15 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony you will get caught one of these day and you will have lost all or any trust she had in you.... It is not worth it....

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 06-08-2015, 12:39 AM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdeck View Post
Tony you will get caught one of these day and you will have lost all or any trust she had in you.... It is not worth it....

Just my 2 cents.....
I agree 100%, this hobby, as fun as it is, is not worth lying to your wife about. Work as a team, both in responsibilities and fun, if you've got to hide things from her, it's something you know you shouldn't do.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Green Horn

hammer is on a distinguished road

This is why I have direct deposit into an account my wife knows nothing about. When I get paid I give her the same amount she has been getting for the past 12 years the rest goes to me ��. She has no idea what I bring home even with overtime.....I know everyone cant do that but I would like to think my wife is dumb but I know she isnt and lets me have my fun.������

TONY
Old 07-15-2015, 09:20 PM

Animal is on a distinguished road

My wife is supportive of my hobby, but it wasn't always that way. We've been married for 25yrs. now, and for a long time when I made some extra money, she would say that's your money buy something you want with it. Then, when I did or if I told her what I was going to buy she would say why are you getting that or why do you need that. Now we have separate savings accounts. I buy what I want from mine and she buys what she want from hers. Bonus is she doesn't find out what I'm getting her for x-mas or birthdays and such because she doesn't get the statements from my account. And these days she usually asks what I'm doing to customize my stuff rather than why I need it.