RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road
Default Eagle dozer question

Hey as some of you know I bought a rc4wd dozer on there black Friday sale. I am wondering what are some things I should keep a eye on for? I know about the dozer pins and to check all fasteners. Is there anything else a person should check out?
Old 11-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eagle dozer question

The breathe tube off the hydro tank leaks like a sieve if your operating at a decent side angle or roll the sucker. I replaced the tubing with a pressure relief valve such as found on the 4200XL. You'll have to grind the tank cover a bit. Fill tube is on left and overfill is on right looking from back of dozer. Also if your planning on running lights this would be a good time to run the rear lights.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 11-30-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:11 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennyB View Post
The breathe tube off the hydro tank leaks like a sieve if your operating at a decent side angle or roll the sucker. I replaced the tubing with a pressure relief valve such as found on the 4200XL. You'll have to grind the tank cover a bit. Fill tube is on left and overfill is on right looking from back of dozer. Also if your planning on running lights this would be a good time to run the rear lights.
awesome thanks for the heads up. the hose is ran outside somewhere? also were did you get your decals from?
Old 11-30-2017, 05:34 PM
Apprentice

No the hose just sits in the sponson, so if it does spill out the tube it goes everywhere. I got my decals from a member on here. Believe he had a buddy make them. His handle on the forum is Papy. Pm him. It's a bit of work to get the tank cover off. Once you remove the cab do your self a favor and remove the tracks cause you have to access small coutersunk screws under the fender above the sprocket to get it off.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 11-30-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Wannabe

Ok got my dozer home from my local hobby shop. The pins just tap then out with a punch? It was painfully slow to fill oil in it must be the hose or somthing. I wanna take it apart and take a look at everything put it looks good so far.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Apprentice

Yea I use a punch. Watch as your filling the tank. You can just keep filling the sucker and it'll pour out that crappy "relief" tube, then you'll have oil dripping through the sponson/fender.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 12-05-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Wannabe

Ok good to know I'll be taking it apart and doing the relief mod that you did also.