RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
No relation to PA mining.
The machine is 44'' tall to A frame
35'' wide to the outside of it's shoes
house is: 37'' long
Boom: 120'' long
bucket: 7''x9''
total weight: 275#

I will come see it in person if you bring it to any shows/meets. I suspect you are going to have to disassemble for transport

The waiting games are real.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Hi Steve I am glad you got some pic of the shovel for Modelman I appreciate that. I hope next time everything runs smoother for me and I will have the Deere excavator, but I will have it for August show. Once again I would like to thank you and Scott for all the help, I really appreciate it. I thought the show was great and I picked up a lot of nice tools and parts. Hope we can get more involved in this show it could get to be like the German ones. Ed
No problem Ed. I want to make sure all of the machines in our dirt pile work.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post

I will come see it in person if you bring it to any shows/meets. I suspect you are going to have to disassemble for transport
Next show is: Brownsville, PA. National Pike Steam Horse and Gas May 17-19 2013 http://www.nationalpike.com/

I don't disassemble this machine to move it. I bought an enclosed trailer and leave the boom up. I found this is the easiest way to transport it.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Found this video someone took at the spring 2013 Brownsville.PA show. There's a big rock in front of the dirt pile that I was pulling around but the camera man didn't get any footage of that. Not sure just how much it will pull. Never wanted to break it finding out.
http://youtu.be/kkm5_hAmHIo

Last edited by 9W Monighan; 08-19-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice video steve-if that big rock by the dirt pile is the one you were moving I would say that is a 100+ tonner in the real world (maybe more). Quiet impressive! The video shows good close-ups of the internals of the model while it is working. Looks like it was working flawlessly as always.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here are a couple videos taken at the Cabin Fever Expo last weekend. Dragline worked flawlessly
Still no more progress due to more important things...work.

http://youtu.be/VhABOy8UHAo

http://youtu.be/VhABOy8UHAo

Last edited by 9W Monighan; 04-17-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Craftsman

Steve-looks like the 9W was working great as always. To me the dirt did not seem to be good for R/C models. Was there big rocks throughout the dirt-pile? I guess you work with what you have. Nice videos.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Tom , the moisture content was higher then last year . Perfect for compacting Which in turn , when compacted made it hard for my loader to dig effectively .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Tom , the moisture content was higher then last year . Perfect for compacting Which in turn , when compacted made it hard for my loader to dig effectively .
That makes sense steve. I couldn't tell about the moisture but I could easily see the big rocks and also a lot of smaller rocks which it seems would make it hard on the smaller models. The dragline seemed to handle the rocks with no problem but I would like to see some video of how the other models worked the pile. I understand that you modelers have no choice in the dirt that is brought in. You just dig and make it work. Looks like a lot of fun.

Last edited by modelman; 04-17-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:25 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Steve,

Did the spring pike show happen this year? I did a quick search here but did not see any posts.

I just downloaded a time lapse app on my iPad and it would be cool to get a complete day recording of the dig. Would be cool to watch the dirt pile grow as the weekend progresses.

I'm planning to come to the summer show again this year if I'm not otherwise committed, I assume you are going to that one?

Jim D
Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
Steve,

Did the spring pike show happen this year? I did a quick search here but did not see any posts.

I just downloaded a time lapse app on my iPad and it would be cool to get a complete day recording of the dig. Would be cool to watch the dirt pile grow as the weekend progresses.

I'm planning to come to the summer show again this year if I'm not otherwise committed, I assume you are going to that one?

Jim D

The show was May 10-11 I put a link to someones picture they took.
Search under "Brownsville show pictures" in the general discussion topics.
Hope to see you and your wife this August. Should be a great turnout.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Steve,

Here is the time lapse footage walking to to job site August 2014 Pike Show.

http://youtu.be/1V7LJMArOVA

Jim
Old 01-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A little update on a new acquisition for the 9W. Had a chance to get the controls from a machine being scrapped. I had an idea to get the whole cab but after the scrapper cut if off, it turned out to be much larger and heavier than anticipated. ~12,000# 14'Lx 11.5'H x 9.5'W
Sooo we took the master switches and foot pedals. Wasn't very easy though but now I have them. I plan on wiring them to my machine so I can get the old time operators to give it a try. Most don't want to use the radio used now.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:36 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

That is going to be amazing when its done... just when you thought it couldnt get any better, you set the bar even higher... great job..
Old 01-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Ah good you finally got it . They're from the machine out my way ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road

I hope you got the chair as well!

Kerst
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerst View Post
I hope you got the chair as well!

Kerst
Got it Kerst. The seat is out of a newer truck,"air ride" but it's pretty crusty.
Notice how heavy duty the original mounting plate is for the seat. It must weigh around 150 lbs. It would swing out of the way of the two master switches so the operator can get up from the seat.
The swing pedal assembly is very heavy. I need to put it on the scale to see.
That this was a real PITA to pull up through the floor after it was cut loose. The floor is made of 1/4'' plate.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Green Horn

Jared is on a distinguished road

That's gonna be cool! Two questions: what is the third lever on the far left for? Propel? And is the doohickey on the back of the left console a compass? I can see where a compass could be handy to make sure you walk in the desired direction since you're facing the wrong way. Point the machine where you want to go, take a reading and then swing 180 degrees from that.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
That's gonna be cool! Two questions: what is the third lever on the far left for? Propel? And is the doohickey on the back of the left console a compass? I can see where a compass could be handy to make sure you walk in the desired direction since you're facing the wrong way. Point the machine where you want to go, take a reading and then swing 180 degrees from that.
Yes. The third lever is for propel. On the Marion machine this came from, the walking function was on separate gearing electrically connected to keep them timed together, different than my Monighan style machine. The two cams on the Marion are separate with no shaft thru the width of the machine.
The box with the dial is an indicator for the walking cams showing the position 0-360 deg. so the operator knows when they are at top dead center so the machine is clear to swing.
There is also a bell mounted to the right hand console not seen in the picture that will ring when the hoist lines are near the point sheave. Very important while digging at night dusty or foggy conditions when he can't see the top of the boom.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Craftsman

I cannot open the pictures on post #593. Anyone else have this problem?