RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: something thicker then coolent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Turning the pump faster and using a thicker oil may not give the results your looking for. I'm no expert with the micro systems but I think faster pump speed and thicker oil = cavitation and faster wear on pump gear shafts.
Correct me if I'm wrong but , im pretty sure the pump has no bearings or bushings to handle higher speeds?
Kinda like using a grinding disc rated at 5,000 rpm and using it at 15,000 rpm???

Mario
well i been running it at a little higher speed not turned all the way up. i got the pump on it own channel, and that channel has a dial so i turn it up or down.

i did notice that if you run it at full speed it will not get full power but just spin super fast. the 11.1 is more for run time and all the servo's that in the thing, then pump power. it would eat through a 7.4v 2s lipo in like 10-15 min, but run a 30-1hr on one 11.1 lipo 1hr-1hr54 min with two 11.1 lipos running in parallel . and that way longer then it take for me to get bored lol