RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Definitely a beast!! Of the two parts I'm dreading, the endless rotation ring and the slew ring, I don't see any better design on the endless rotator!! And before seeing this post I had a similar idea of loose fitting o rings for grease seals in the slip ring. Trying to source (fairly inexpensive) internal/external spur gears of similar size for the slew ring has not been kind. I've recently decided to get started on a similar machine. I like how you are building this. I know it is a premature question but are you going to have a self tensioning devise on the chain for the slew ring or just have a static adjustable motor mount? One thing I hate is the excessive slop in my small excavator slew assembly. And on such a large machine made to be working on level surface a little slop isn't an issue. Was just wondering.

Looks great by the way!!!! Always impressive!!

Thanks!!

Have you considered creating a (2D) DXF file drawing of the ring gear you need and then price out getting it cut at a laser or waterjet shop??

I still have not decided on what type of tensioner will be on the chain for the swing, most likely will be fixed with no spring. The preload/friction of the o-rings in the swing bearing create just enough drag to stop it from moving to easily and acts a bit like a brake which should help smooth out any backlash in the swing drive set up, hopefully!! LOL!!