RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Slightly bigger toys

My wife wanted me to move some things around in the yard but i needed to level the ground up first. This all sounded like a good plan to me because it gave me an excuse to play with my mini excavator and my home made Chevy S10 dump truck.lol I got the truck a few years ago for a 6 pack of cider. It didn't run and was rusted out but neither of those things mattered to me. I have had S10's since i started driving so my parts collection got it running for free with very little hasstle. A little bit of ingenuity using scraps from around the farm and a 2500lbs winch from Costco have had me hauling dirt about 1 yard at a time since!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvX7...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm7r...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A

Reg
Old 05-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Slightly bigger toys

Now I know what I could have with my S10 I scrapped them a couple years ago . If it wasn't a long drive you could have had them . I'm down to one a 2000 with 42000 miles on it no rust
Old 05-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Nice Reg! My Dad sold His Bobcat 331 EX last fall, wish I had a shed to put it in because I would have bought it, those mini hoes are nice to have. Thing that kills me is you can buy machines that size (used) for the same money as some of the RC toys.

Need to see a video of the S10 hauling and dumping.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:26 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Is that fuel oil tank that you made your box from?

Joe
Old 05-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Reg I am disappointed. I clicked on the link hoping to see the S10 in action. Don't get me wrong you did a nice job loading the truck and picking out the rocks but lets see the truck working!!

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

I'm with Travis, I thought we'd get some dump action too!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Now I know what I could have with my S10 I scrapped them a couple years ago . If it wasn't a long drive you could have had them . I'm down to one a 2000 with 42000 miles on it no rust
Haha, they are pretty durable little trucks. I added air shocks to the rear of it but all that did was make it higher when empty. I guess it did have another effect. It got stuck on everything when empty as well because the suspension was to stiff in the initial stroke. I ended up adding a set of modified front coils to the rear. After it settles a bit the coils make contact with the leaf springs and they help one another carry the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Nice Reg! My Dad sold His Bobcat 331 EX last fall, wish I had a shed to put it in because I would have bought it, those mini hoes are nice to have. Thing that kills me is you can buy machines that size (used) for the same money as some of the RC toys.

Yeah the mini's are awesome! It's my best friend most of the time.lol This one is old and worn out now but i have put some hard hours on it making it do things it wasn't designed for(logging). It has certainly payed for itself at least twice in the 7 years that I've owned it. I can't say that about the RC's i have in my collection... Or maybe i can now hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Is that fuel oil tank that you made your box from?
Yes it is. 250g I made up a hinge and frame out of some scraps and the A frame holding the winch is a tow bar off my Dad's 48 Willys Jeep. I have around $200 in the whole truck as it sits. Pretty hard to beat that. I've put over 600km on it hauling stuff around our property!lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Reg I am disappointed. I clicked on the link hoping to see the S10 in action. Don't get me wrong you did a nice job loading the truck and picking out the rocks but lets see the truck working!!
I was planning on filming while I was driving but it proved to be difficult as it has manual trans and steering. Next time i use it i will take some video of it dumping. It works pretty well I just wish it was a 4x4 sometimes.

Here's a couple of pictures with loads of firewood on it prior to modifying the rear suspension.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That is a beautiful stack of firewood.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post

I wish mine (303 CR) where that cheap $40K new in 2005 . they go for around 20-26K used , maybe a lil lower since I checked last .

the S10 looks like something dad and I would cobble together for a site truck .

looks like you been at the controls for quite a bit of time .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I know what He bought and sold His 331 for, He had three buckets, hydraulic thumb, cab and heat compared to these toys it was a bargain.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I bought my 96 Kubota back in 07 for 11K with 2800hrs. Everything was booming here then and used machines were generally expensive(new 334 Bobcats were around $65K, 5 year old used ones were still 30K+ with around 4000hours). Mine is a small(K020), grey market machine from Japan but it has given me around 1500hrs of faithful service so far. The amount of excavating I have done for myself and others, it has been one of the best investments I have ever made for sure. I almost bought a 2002, 328 Bobcat for 17K instead. My wife and i went to the dealer after hours so that i could have a better look without the salesman distracting me. I was having a really good look at it underneath and noticed some rust on the body. Looking further I realized that there were clam shells and sand under the sheet metal back near the counterweight. This scared me off but I did a little more research and found out that the dealer was importing machines from the US and that some had been either sunk in a hurricane or used for the cleanup. Glad I didn't get sucked in to buying that one! Funny, the dealer disappeared before too long as well. I guess I wasn't the only one that heard what they were up to...

Last edited by RCP57; 05-04-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Looks like fun toys for the property! I assume you are using a go-pro to film your videos. If you are there is that clicking noise from the mount rattling. Put some electrical tape and slide the mount that clicks on over that, it will get rid of it. I have done that with my cameras and it works great.

Jarrett
Old 05-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

still a cool scale

love the little s-10. looks pretty useful!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I used the little truck again today to haul away some material from our pond. At the end of the video the load sticks for a second and causes the box to fly up and back down. This doesn't normally happen unless the load sticks in the box which this wet stuff did... a few times....Always freaks me out thinking it's going to break something when it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f56R...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A

Last edited by RCP57; 05-15-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:19 PM

Backlash is on a distinguished road

Sure beats using a wheelbarrow and shovel..
Old 05-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

That was entertaining, thanks for taking the time to make the video for us. It is definitely a handy low budget tool for the farm.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Very entertaining reg ..Redneck dumptruck..lol
Old 05-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road

That little S10 works great.
Not to sidetrack your thread, but I wanted to put this out there for other readers who may be backyard do it your selfers that are tired of shoveling dirt, gravel, and mulch out of the beds of thier trucks. Back when I had more free time, I used to do a lot of small concrete and landscaping jobs on the side. I have a little 30hp John Deere with a front end loader that is as handy as a swiss army knife, but I always wasted a lot of time shoveling product out of the bed of the truck, so I bought one of these http://www.loadhandler.com/ for use in my 3/4 ton chevy and I love it. It does require a bit more work than your ingenious setup, but for me and the small landscaping projects I take on it works great. I think Harbor Freight even has a version, but I can't vouch for the quality of theirs.