RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:00 PM

Oldr/cguy1955 is on a distinguished road
Red face Remembering the Old Masters

I was a member of this group many years ago, I was into the Construction part of r/c , and I was a friend of FreddyGearDrive, he was a master builder , he could build dump boxes for r/c trucks that were so authentic, and realistic, you would swear they were the real thing, I always wondered how his brain could have so much knowledge, but , I really miss him, and his creations. I wish I could have had , just a small part of his visions, when Freddy passed, it was a big shock to a lot of us, and have had a great loss of a master builder, I just dropped out of the r/c for about 12 years, and now just getting back into the r/c again, forgot all my screen name , and my old password on here, so now starting over, it’s great to be back, glad this group is still here, thanks for allowing me back, oh I just purchased my first excavator, lol well ..... it’s a start, thanks for listening to my post
Old 05-02-2021, 04:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remembering the Old Masters

I think we all go through phases where life takes us away from thi hobby for a bit, but we all usually find our way back to it! I know having just lost the lease on the place I was at, It'll be a few years before I get back in to much RC stuff. HOPEFULLY within 2-3 years I'll be back at it again!
Old 05-02-2021, 07:54 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road

glad to have you back.... I just started in the hobby and look forward to the experience you bring back...
Skeeter I hope things work out for you quicker than that....don't stay completely gone....
Old 05-02-2021, 07:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Welcome back into things. Life is an interesting journey

I watched a lot of Freddies build threads while he was still over on Scale4x4. I know a few of his trucks are still being traded around occasionally.

Can't wait to see what kinda stuff you've got plans for!
Old 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM

wedicotrucker is on a distinguished road

I've been away from the hobby as well.
Now that my nephews have been wanting to drive my trucks, now that they're older I've been letting them run what they want. I've also started my collection of construction equipment as well. It's amazing what they've come up with in the last couple years, and how small and compact things have gotten. My new favorite is my skidsteer. It's like a swis army knife of rc equipment. I've got a lot of different attachments for it and a new one should be delivered today.
This past Saturday I picked up a lesu 850k bulldozer.

Welcome back to the hobby.