RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Default Unusual Trucks!

Last edited by SWAGGER; 05-03-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:19 PM

diddys trucking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unusual Trucks!

Theres some cool rigs there that last one has more bells and whistels than a whatsit factory

Dave
Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Apprentice

Yeah, bit of shed huh? Kinda what a 17 year old with a pocket full of Halford's vouchers would do to his Saxo!

I used to be on a sportscar forum and we had a thread called "DUDE - STOP MODDING!"
Some people just don't know when to stop, like magpies with shiney trinkets!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love these pic's, and years ago I had a 1/32 scale model of the yellow pete jet engine drag truck. very impressive.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

http://www.customautosbytim.com/index.html
Stretch truck!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Apprentice

Ah that's cool Big John! There are some great vids on YouTube of Rocket Powered Big Rigs.

Thanks for sharing that link RCTech, some properly insane conversions there!!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:12 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Funny you should put these trucks up here. First the two Pete trucks are actually the same truck, just different sponsors.

Now here is some back ground. These trucks are owned by Les Shockley.

Les just happens to be my sister-in-laws uncle.

When he comes to SLC my brother and I are his pit crew. Les drives the '57 and his son Kent drives the Pete.

There are numerous youtube videos of both trucks running.

The '57 is called Super Shockwave and the pete is Shockwave. Less built the Pete 21-22 years ago. They both run on Prat and whittney engines that came out of naval trainers. Sorry can't remember the model of the plane or the engines. But they have close to 35,000 lbs of thrust apiece.

Here are some pictures taken in 06-18-2010 in SLC.

This is what Shockwave looks like now. Kent wrecked the truck in 2008 (video on youtube)

This is Super Shockwave

This is my Brother and I (I'm the Big one) with Super Shock Wave.

I used my truck as a tow vehicle for Super Shockwave and since it was 100° out Les wanted to ride to the line in A/C so my brother got to steer the truck while I pulled it.

In the next picture you see the Pull car for the Pete. (My niece is in the passenger seat) if you look just to the right of the Pete you will see the '57 and right in front of it is my F250.

Les and I

Les and my Brother

We came SO close to getting Super Shockwave after this event it was sickening... See Les is in his 70's and had just bought a Legends oval track car. He wanted to take the car to Florida, buy a big boat and just race the heck out of the legend and sail when he was not doing that.

Well he offered to give us the '57 and hauler to run, it was all planned out. we were supposed to go to his place in Kansas at the end of June and start learning how to do it. My brother would learn how to run the truck and I would learn how to fix and rebuild the engines. Everything was on track until Kent (His son, the driver of the Pete) realized that he would have to run the business and that was the last thing he wanted to do. He was perfectly happy driving the hauler to the shows, running the pete down the track twice a day (3 day show) and then screwng off the rest of the time. (mind you he is a 40 year old man that wanted to be a kid and let daddy run things while he played)

Anyway he blew our shot because Les wanted him or Kent to run the show, so when Kent cried Les changed his plans and kept running the truck. Now he has done this three different times. There have been three different drivers in the '57 but all those times Les was still there running the business.

Oh well. Guess we will just stick with racing our For Focus Midget.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Apprentice

No way!! You're kidding me, you know these guys and you nearly got the truck? That's insane, I have been watching these vids for a few years, such a small world huh? That's seriously cool, thanks for sharing the story Dreamweaver!