RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lowboy Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPierreBussio View Post
I love these builds. I like the drop neck gooseneck trailer. Where can I buy one of these?
PMD sells one but its pricey. mine is scratch built

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjr woodie460 View Post
Nicely done . I am close to the start of building my first lowboy . Been busy with work and home life just haven't had the time
Thank you! I hear the busy part! I get spurts where I get 3 nights to work on them then a month of nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
That's a good looking rig/project you got there.
I'm working on the lowboy myself and I got a little wondering going.......The fifth wheel is so far back on your truck, My truck will not steer at all when it got full load (15LBS), so I flipped it around an got more weight on the front wheels. How is your rig steering ?
Thanks
Bo
Thank you!
It steers ok I may slide it up a notch or two as it is pretty far back. but I have a lot of weight up front to help it out. the front bumper is solid, tanks, rack, breathers, MFU, battery and I have a ounce of lead up front. front end is lowered 2/10" and rear suspension has stiffer springs. even with my fully loaded dump trailer I can usually steer just fine. BUT I have very little ground clearance up front on the truck with no load. my Blue dump I need to lift the front still as full of weight and being so close to the front axle I have NO wheel well clearance and the fronts bind up when I turn or it just pushes straight in dirt. eventually it'll get a driven front axle to help put with the pushing. but running a day cab, cab over full loaded with weight 2" behind the axle the front gets most of it. may just try different front setup, air bag with stiff springs

Tags
lowboy, trailer