RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default is it a REAL KING HAULER????

That was what I thought of instantly when I seen this thing on truckpaper.com. Its some kind of Autocar, that apparently was limited production/ collector edition. So says the add anyways. I know everyone debates over where tamiya took there styling quese from to design the KH. This looks like a KH cousin to me. You be the judge.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is it a REAL KING HAULER????

I'm not sure about the autocar...I always thought the KH looked like a cross between a peterbilt and a freightliner.Who knows what tamiya was thinking??? But no matter what they did, you have to admit, the KH has been selling like crazy, and I don't see them discontinuing it any time soon. Just my .02 cents worth.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:15 PM

diddys trucking is on a distinguished road

I would say that has got to be the closest match for king hauler i have ever seen thats just
Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

That model autocar was introduced to compete with the 359 Pete and the w900 kw. I'm not sure the model. I remember when these came out I thought how much they looked like a Pete As far asthe king hauler goes, it is no doubt a cross between kw and Pete. The cab says kw the top of the hood and grill say peterbilt. And the cab steps are freightliner.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
That model autocar was introduced to compete with the 359 Pete and the w900 kw. I'm not sure the model. I remember when these came out I thought how much they looked like a Pete As far asthe king hauler goes, it is no doubt a cross between kw and Pete. The cab says kw the top of the hood and grill say peterbilt. And the cab steps are freightliner.
I agree no doubt that the kh is a mutt mix as well. But I just think this is the closest 1:1 I have seen to a kh as it sits stock.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

The KH is a generic name to avoid paying licencing an royalitie fees to the respective companines. Thats why it looks like a mutt.

Rob
Old 05-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Agree, we all know the KH is a hybrid, but this looks very close. Lights are pretty accurate.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road

Lets all face it. We see what we want to see when we look at the KH because we all know the trucks so well, after all, our love of the trucks is what brings us together to make this club. We are all drivers at heart, if not by CDL. We all feel the pull of the road as the diesel that pumps through our veins makes us reach for the steering-wheel with one hand, the gear-shift with the other, and our feet automatically kick for the clutch and press for the accelerator. We are all under the influence of the beauty of the tractor-trailer and the wonderful sound of her engine just waiting to roar at our command. I know you can feel that....

It's a beautiful thing!!

-RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."