RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Photo Sharing Sights?

Ok so I have not posted in a long time and a big part of the issue is I can not get photos to down load to Photobucket. I have paid for storage and have only used 6% but all I keep getting is "Download Failed".

So big question is what is everyone using to link photos to the board.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Photo Sharing Sights?

All I've used is photo bucket. Haven't had trouble.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

I have used it for years but the last year or so I have had more and more issues and now I can't download anything now.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

www.tinypic.com
Old 01-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
I have used it for years but the last year or so I have had more and more issues and now I can't download anything now.
Paul, are you having problems between your computer and Photobucket or PB and the forum? What are you using a phone, iPad or PC? I use my phone to take pictures and upload to PB, and usually my iPad to post to the forum which is kinda tricky. But I don't have a problem and I'm still using a free account.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

I do same as truckmaker, take pics with phone and upload them. I do have issues with photobucket on my iPad. I may delete the app on iPad and reinstall it. Never had issues till about a year ago. And every once in a while the photos upload like three of the same one if using a wifi connection on phone? 9 out of 10 times I don't have any problems. I still think bill gates and Steve jobs are not playing well together, lol!!! Microsoft and the late Steve jobs apple software.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I do same as truckmaker, take pics with phone and upload them. I do have issues with photobucket on my iPad. I may delete the app on iPad and reinstall it. Never had issues till about a year ago. And every once in a while the photos upload like three of the same one if using a wifi connection on phone? 9 out of 10 times I don't have any problems. I still think bill gates and Steve jobs are not playing well together, lol!!! Microsoft and the late Steve jobs apple software.
There was a special PB APP for iPad that never worked well. You have to close PB and reopen it for every picture you want to post. I reloaded it twice when I first got the iPad and then just used it like it is. Went to the app store this last weekend to see if there is an update and the original app isn't there anymore. Didn't think about checking their website
Old 01-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
There was a special PB APP for iPad that never worked well. You have to close PB and reopen it for every picture you want to post. I reloaded it twice when I first got the iPad and then just used it like it is. Went to the app store this last weekend to see if there is an update and the original app isn't there anymore. Didn't think about checking their website
From what I heard awhile back, apple is no longer supporting nor will there be new PB apps for Ipads. last year uploading from an ipad was quick and easy, now its a hassle having to close and reopen after each pic.

I'm definitely interested and looking for a new way to upload from my ipad.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
From what I heard awhile back, apple is no longer supporting nor will there be new PB apps for Ipads. last year uploading from an ipad was quick and easy, now its a hassle having to close and reopen after each pic.

I'm definitely interested and looking for a new way to upload from my ipad.
I've actually gotten so used to the open close open thing that it only bugs me when I have a lot of pictures.

Mario, if you find a better way let me know. Apple probably wants you to use their cloud.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Good discussion, so now I know it's not just me being computerly challenged!!! Yes, if you guys have an easier way post up. I use my phone (iPhone) to take pics and load to forum. That works by open photo book, copy img link, paste to forum, repeat for each pic. I cannot use the iPad unless I do like above open and close each time. If I have a lot to say that's when I have one post with pics and another with words. Easier to type on iPad than that lil phone screen. As most of ya know I like pics!!!! .
Old 01-20-2016, 04:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I tried my phone last night it would not up load and my computer I have had this issue for years its the big reason I stopped posting picks.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I see it now says they are down for maintenance maybe that is the reason. I used to have very slow net and now have way better they told me 2 years ago that was my issue is I would time out and it would boot me out so I'll try in a day or so.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Don't give up on it Paul. Always love seeing your builds here on the forum.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Photo Sharing Sights?

I'm in on this also. I threw my Windows out three years ago and now i got apple witch is slightly better regarding virus and crap......but like any brand that get big they try force user to use their own software and i don't like that at all.
So i wonder if anyone out there has any idea of how to post picture from apple-cloud.
Got plenty of pic. to share.......or any other site except PhotoBucket.
Thank You Tamiya Cowboy for starting this tread.
Bo
Old 01-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

i take a pic with my phone then email to the computer then upload it to PB
only started having problems 2 months ago. computer to pb no prob
Old 01-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
I see it now says they are down for maintenance maybe that is the reason. I used to have very slow net and now have way better they told me 2 years ago that was my issue is I would time out and it would boot me out so I'll try in a day or so.
Yeah slow upload times are a pain, mines not the fastest, but it works and I think my computer is the fastest but my phone is by far the most convenient. But like RW said the iPad is much easier to type on.

I just tried to upload a large picture to PB, it went pretty fast with me being the only one on our connection at the moment, but when it finished it said it failed so they are having issues because I've never got that before.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This is the first time I have tried to post picks since the new net we got 6 months ago so I'll see what happens after they are done with there maintenance maybe it will work..

Old 01-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Anybody use Flickr for photo sharing that can comment on how it works for posting on the forum? There web site seems to be pro apple and they claim 1000gb storage free.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:02 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Paul I just post them on my FB page and them copy pasted them here but it means having them public on FB

Cheers Tracy

Old 01-21-2016, 07:12 AM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Anybody use Flickr for photo sharing that can comment on how it works for posting on the forum? There web site seems to be pro apple and they claim 1000gb storage free.
I use Flickr and I like it a lot. I can even upload pictures directly from my iPhone and the pictures are easy to share.
Sharing works through using the doewnload button on the bottom right corner, click all sizes, then with the right mouse click "copy image address", then paste this in between [IMG] and [/IMG] when posting.
And there are lots of great good quality pictures available of the things we like on Flickr.

kerst