RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-01-2013, 12:58 PM

Madda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to make hydraulic valve?

Jw., good job on the drawings!

One thing that I'm not really sure of is where and what seals are used?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

JW : steel or iron next to brass would be the best choice for your manifold . Aluminum does not wear well .

Madda : O-rings work well for the seals as you should only have to seal the shaft of the rotor and the rotor cap . between the rotor and the valve block , you should have a lapped fit .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
JW : steel or iron next to brass would be the best choice for your manifold . Aluminum does not wear well .

Madda : O-rings work well for the seals as you should only have to seal the shaft of the rotor and the rotor cap . between the rotor and the valve block , you should have a lapped fit .
I agree with Steve 100%. The valve that I made for my skidder is all aluminum with brass rotors but it may not last long. The valve block that my father in-law made for my EC300DL has a steel manifold and should last much longer. The shafts are sealed with common O rings on both. The EC300 runs at 30-35 bar with no leaks on the valve shafts.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

This is the only picture that I took of the Volvo's valve assembley. I believe the pistons in this are .550. In mine they are slightly larger at .610.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

even with the poor tolerances on the Robbie valves , they don't leak . The rotor just chews up the manifold . When I get back to running steel in the mill , I'll be making 2 , 1 for the loader and 1 for the TD40 .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.