RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A few laps with a fat guy(moto)

Nice Track! I ride DownHill/Freeride bikes but haven't ever gotten into bikes with motors... But every time i'm at the dunes I always see people wiping some huge air....looks like a lot of fun Ride safe and tear it up.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I'm kinda sorta moved into my shop, but still have a lot parts, my lathe & mill in the house yet. It's about 40 yards from the middle room in the shop to the hobby room in the back of my house. I think I make the trip 15x or more everyday... on the one hand it's a nuisance to get anything done, but on the other hand I'm getting lots of exercise too.

Perhaps a re-organization of your shop tools is in order Reg, put your lathe on one end, the mill on the other, tools for each at opposite ends & your workbench in the middle... you'd get an incredible amount of exercise everyday.
Yes, better for exercise Joe but no good for production as you said! Too much time lost walking between machines!lol I used to spend a bit of time walking back and forth from my parents place to use Dad's lathe. I now have a mini lathe in my own shop and it does the trick for most small stuff. It takes less time to do things now but there is less and less reason for me to even go outside...Good thing I need to pee every now and then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Nice Track! I ride DownHill/Freeride bikes but haven't ever gotten into bikes with motors... But every time i'm at the dunes I always see people wiping some huge air....looks like a lot of fun Ride safe and tear it up.
That downhill stuff looks sketchy to me. I have never made it to the dunes although I would like to go. I think I would take my ATV for that one though. I have never been a fan of riding in sand on a dirtbike. Finding medical insurance to cover what they consider an "extreme sport" outside of Canada is pretty expensive so I'll probably never make the trip. I'll just stay here and ride in my backyard until "the man" tells me I can't anymore.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I get a lot of exercise hauling the RC's from the basement to the backyard.
If you don't have a basement, dig one. If your compound is close to the house, make it far. And considering you have no winter, it's a year round workout!
We have to take that high bp seriously Reg. I hate pills, seen too many people with a prescription list a mile long. I was proud of the fact I take no pills for nothing.....till a couple years ago. Atleast it's only one pill and keeps my bp right.