RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 12-05-2013, 05:17 PM

smolden52 is on a distinguished road
Default wedico 345 excavator-track stopped

Hello,
I am Scott Moldenhauer ,and I am a new convert over to many modern RC items, including RC construction and trucking. I have modeled in and outside model railroads in scales from "z" to 3.75"=1' trains running outdoors on 7.5" gauge track. Have had a long time interest in RC construction models and purchased an Wedico 345 RTR from vcs hobbies in New York. The right track was dragging and stopping occasionally when I received the model. Now the right track has stopped completely. I read somewhere about chain upgrades to the track drive. This model is ser# 00003 (!) I suppose there were problems with the first units? I'm guessing the belt broke, maybe? Thanks for any help. By the way I have very greatly enjoyed reading this forum and admire the comrade ship and the courtesy shown all around. Awesome builds, and great idea's , to say the least. Thank you, Scott Oh, I am also waiting on a carson leibherr 634 track loader kit, and a second excavator 4200xl. I have a tamiya king hauler with the tamiya accessories kit. Awaiting the radio to start the build. I could clearly see which models to pursue and how to see their potential , here from the forums. again, thanks.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Green Horn

thercfreak2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wedico 345 excavator-track stopped

send a message to a guy on here called titandigs and he could help u hope this helps u jake
Old 12-06-2013, 01:33 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Did VCS Hobbies offer you any insight or refund to your failing model?

Here's a thread concerning your track drive problem with a solution.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...dico+excavator

Joe
Old 12-06-2013, 09:18 AM

Hello Lil giants,
I emailed him yesterday and awaiting some kind of reply. He sold it to me rtr, and after having it on the floor for awhile I noted the track assemblies are bent out slightly. I contacted vcs with photos and he replied, "thats the way it should look"!! After some better photos with arrows (!) he said it must have bent slightly in shipping. Which obviously it had, as he said it wasn't shipped that way. Unit had been on thin plywood in the sitting upright in the bottom of the box, and I suspicion the carton was "high dropped" to bend the track assemblies. I looks that the main top piece to bottom track unit is the bent part, and will be re-bendable when removed. I have to do some disassembling at this point anyway to fix the track, so may look to the other repair. The unit was sold to me as a no return. Which I accept that,Just hoping for some help from vcs.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM

Thank you lil giants. I will be purchasing from ttm for the chains and sprockets. still nothing from vcs...............
Old 12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
BANNED

You're welcome.

Did VCS atleast send the instruction manual with the model?

Joe
Old 12-06-2013, 04:25 PM

No, sorry to say no manual was provided. I am going to ask vcs for one.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:53 AM

Hello,
Found a PDF wedico file online for the 345d and was able to remove the track assemblies.The offending track was quite tight and after much mechanical movement, and some oil ,it runs a loose, and smooth as the other one. RC trucking carries wedico, and had a bando belt for the excavator. Wedico also offered to send one. Never heard from VCS after I started showing some need.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:26 AM
BANNED

Who is RC Trucking?
That's great advertising from VCS Hobbies, isn't it.

Joe
Old 12-14-2013, 09:00 AM

Sorry, meant garden trucking. Rick helped me. The VCS advert results from simply answering questions here.

Tags
wedcio 345