RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CrackerBox Test Chassis

Great looking build so far! That motor and tranny set up is so clean and simple, I'll never use a Tamiya 3 speed set up again!
Just imagine the power you could pack in that cracker box if you went with a lipo

Oh, and is the driveshaft built yet?

Last edited by Supermario; 09-07-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
Very Nice, Always been a fan of a crackerbox.
Thank you, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Awesome little truck you know Im a fan of the cracker box. I talked with Travis and he pointed me to this same tranny for my new one. I have not got it in yet but I like how you have your very nice work.
Thanks Paul, since I don't have a mill readily available I decided to break the bank (a whole 4.99) and buy one of the mounts that Servocity sells for these motors and use it as a pattern for the crossmember I mounted it to.
As far as the Crackerbox goes I wish I would have known that. I would have stuck with my original plan and cut up a globe cab to put on and let you do the Box justice . This was just a kick around test chassis that originally wasn't going to see the light of day and wasn't even going to have a cab.......but I couldn't stop there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Great looking build so far! That motor and tranny set up is so clean and simple, I'll never use a Tamiya 3 speed set up again!
Just imagine the power you could pack in that cracker box if you went with a lipo

Oh, and is the driveshaft built yet?
Yeah I just haven't pulled the trigger on lipos yet, if I had a Foxville to play in I'd probably be there by now but the cost and everything to support them just to play a couple times a year isn't worth it, that being said I was shopping and found a 12v NiMH, now if I could find a decent ESC that will handle it and the hobby fund can support I might think about it!

The drive shaft was started, finished and installed about 15 minutes after I posted that and I was tired and quit since I grabbed the wrong bit and over drilled the front cross by .10 mm. , for those who don't Know the shafts on these geared motors are 6mm. This is the first time I've been back in the shop.

When building my shafts I use the method that Tamiya Cowboy posted, Thanks Paul! It's a sticky in the Mechanical tech section. I use Traxxas parts and brass tube due to local parts availability, but the construction methods are the same.
If you have all the parts they go together quite fast. I think I have maybe 30-40 dollars total in ALL the shafts I have in 3 trucks that includes the 6x6.

Thanks Mario, good hearing from you.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...read.php?t=708

Thanks guys!
Old 09-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Driveshaft looks great and driveline angle looks perfect.

Ya, been quiet lately, life sure can change quickly. It's been weird to go from having an awsome backyard meet and one week later house is on the market and now all those things around the house that need fixing I been putting off are getting done to make it all nice for perspective buyers now. Paying for my procrastination right now.
so no time or desire to RC lately....