RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Hurricane shift.....batteries running low

I'm working an emergency shift from midnight Monday morning to 4:30pm Monday evening. Myself and about 20 other guys are on duty while evacuations take place and the police patrol. I'm a mechanic and I already had 3 road calls for stupid stuff luckily since the rain and wind are pretty fierce. But now were just hanging out in the shop on stand by and I'm using my idle time to work on a set of light bars for my king hauler. We have crews of guys stationed at our 7 different volunteer fire houses. And our ocean front homes in Brick are already having waves breaking on there foundations. We also had some tenuous try to take his 28 foot boat out the manasquan inlet into the ocean, he made it about 200 feet out of the inlet into the ocan and sank. He had to rescued by the brick police boat and the state police and coast guard. All cause he's an idiot. I'm getting a litte tired since I am up since about 8am Sunday morning......
Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hurricane shift.....batteries running low

wish you guys on the coast luck Nick .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

I hope all you guys on the East Coast do ok! Hope all your houses and and famillies stay safe and secure!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Mother Nature is having her way all over N. America. Be as safe as you can...Thanks to guys like you in times like these...
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 PM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

Be safe!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok guys we made it out the other side of Sandy, a little bruised up and broken ( literally I broke my nose, got hit in the face with a flying board) but made it non the less. We have had crazy stuff happen here in Brick township, we still have no power to about 40k plus homes. We had such severe flooding we had to go door to door to rescue people with some equipment that could make it threw the 4 - 8 foot flood waters. We had entire neighborhoods under 8 feet of water. We have a barrier island off the main part of our town were many people live which is completely inaccessible. We had guys sink dump trucks cause the flood waters were too deep. We had to rescue some of our police who were under the impression that police cruisers were part boat LOL. The craziest part is that two houses on our barrier island broke free of the foundations and floated out into the bay crashing into the mantoloking bridge which connects the main land to the barrier island. We also have a massive fire burning roughly 30 homes on the barrier island but fire fighters cannot access the island due to the flood waters. At around 3 o'clock in the morning Tuesday I went to rescue a broken down cop car at the end of a neighbor hood the was located right on the bay. I looked across the bay at the barrier island and I could see the orange glow of the massive fire and smell the wood burning. It's almost very apocalyptic too see. We were putting residents in the back of tandem dump trucks and roll offs just to get them out of flood zones. I will post a few pics I snapped during the chaos and confusion. I'm exhausted in on my 4th 15 hour shift since Sunday night. I hope everyone else is ok and made it threw the storm safely.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That's one of our local owner operators who jumped in with his peterbilt roll off to help save residents. Just to show you how the flooding was where we could go. Other neighbor hoods were twice as deep.

That's a huge tree that fell across a main road Hooper Ave. In brick a few blocks from my home.

That's a shot looking across the bay from a marina which now currently has no boats, since the ones on land on blocks in those pics floated away.

This is a picture my friend sent me from the next town over Point Pleasant. This photo was taken from near the pt. Pleasant train station looking down the street twords the boardwalk which was pretty much destroyed. This is where the cast of jersey shore would go when the would go to a bar called "Jenks".
Supposedly the bar jenkinsons is destroyed and there deck bars collapsed.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:33 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Wow..What devastation....Up in N. Ont were only got blowing winds and a sciff of icy pellet snow...Glad you weathered the storm...
Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

HEY! I see you online BRICKNICK... how's things going today?

Joe
Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Unhappy Re: Hurricane shift.....batteries running low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
HEY! I see you online BRICKNICK... how's things going today?
Not good man, there is a massive amount of destruction on our barrier island. I don't know what the death toll is up too yet. I have a lot more pictures to post when I can get a second to do it. These 15-18 hour days are killing me LOL
Old 11-03-2012, 07:24 PM

wingnut163 is on a distinguished road

its people like you that make the difference. thank you for your hard labor. it will come back to you.

skip
Old 11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I've been through the fire devastion.. lost an entire farmyard, including the house I lived in and most everything in it.. 20yrs of collectables, photos, ect.. the upside to the 16hr days - 8days a week is you don't have time to stu about what's been lost, but rather you stay focused on the positive change while moving forward.

Best Wishes for good health & safe travels.

Joe