RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-06-2015, 01:57 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Jobs Projects n Site Ideas

HLooking for ideas to use in planning a project, or jobsite. I'm a builder and really enjoy the planning and construction of models but am starting to think about what to actually do with my equipment when Im ready. It's not hard to see what some of the creative guys here have done and what are doing out there, but I was thinking maybe a thread with ideas and concepts for planning projects could be a cool spot to realize what your dream sandbox could be.

im not very imaginative and am amazed by little setups for example like the mound at previous Cabin Fever meets. The planning of the roads up and down the hill, where the dirt is being dug and loaded and where and why it's that way.

Im thinking in the big picture I want a mini mine in the backyard to play around in with different areas of interest.I need ideas on layout of a job site or mine with haul roads and passes, a purpose and goal would be a plus and would seed the need to create new machinery out of necessity. Creative structure of the mine is what I need help with to make it something other than a hole in the ground.

Pics or layout drawings of road system, layouts, trench projects, pits, staging, loading, stockpiling etc. are helpful and encouraged and would add a lot to the thread for others looking to plan something as well.

Thanks

Last edited by JDH429; 04-06-2015 at 02:07 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:56 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Jobs Projects n Site Ideas

A picture of your backyard would be helpful.

Joe
Old 04-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
A picture of your backyard would be helpful.
I don't have a backyard yet that's suitable... One day. Just looking for ideas now. Or interested in what others would like to do themselves.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Or interested in what others would like to do themselves.
So I can steal their ideas, ... as I have no imagination of my own.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Apprentice

Finster is on a distinguished road

I don't have a layout myself so I don't think I'll be much help, but perhaps you can borrow ideas from some of the 'meets'. Maybe watch some of the ones on Youtube to get different ideas?
Old 04-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
I don't have a layout myself so I don't think I'll be much help, but perhaps you can borrow ideas from some of the 'meets'. Maybe watch some of the ones on Youtube to get different ideas?
Yes, thats a good source. I have watched a few which makes you start thinking of possibilities. Im amazed at what some people have done with their machines. So many cool aspects to this hobby. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

My original dig site was removing a backyard koi pond. Now that has become an open pit mine. Future plans are to remove a 36" old tree stump. It has been cut down about 3 years ago and some backyard root rot was drilled into stump. I have to extend fence to be able to make it a full fledged dig site. I imagine this project will take most of this summer. I figure most of the hair roots and some of the finger roots are rotten enough to dig, if not I'll have some snips around when enough dirt is removed. I think the complete dig site will be about a ten foot circle and might go down 2 1/2 - 3'. Depending on soil, it should be a sandy based soil like most around here. That should keep me busy for a while.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
My original dig site was removing a backyard koi pond. Now that has become an open pit mine. Future plans are to remove a 36" old tree stump. It has been cut down about 3 years ago and some backyard root rot was drilled into stump. I have to extend fence to be able to make it a full fledged dig site. I imagine this project will take most of this summer. I figure most of the hair roots and some of the finger roots are rotten enough to dig, if not I'll have some snips around when enough dirt is removed. I think the complete dig site will be about a ten foot circle and might go down 2 1/2 - 3'. Depending on soil, it should be a sandy based soil like most around here. That should keep me busy for a while.
That sounds like a project for sure, Do you think there will be any issue with water standing in the bottom of the pit? Could be like an abandoned quarry that hit a spring. Haha. Do you plan to spiral the haul road down the hole? Maybe 2-3' you might get away with a straight ramp in and out, but that may not be as fun.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Apprentice

Finster is on a distinguished road

One thing that I want to do is use some sort of RC equipment to pick up all the sticks that end up in my yard after a wind storm. I hate walking around picking them up or raking them. So instead this would make the job fun. I'm not sure if I'd develop a whole 'logging' company to do it but it's certainly an idea.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

I have a large peach tree.
way too many peaches and they fall to the ground and rot.
got told to sweep them up of the concrete drive way, found about a million wasps having a feed.
not keen on getting stung so grabed the rc4wd loader , pushed a plastic bucket close to the peaches and loaded them into bucket.
job done, a bit of fun and im in the good books.

as l told her its a very practiable tool , just need to find the right job for it.

cheers andy
Old 04-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I've got a open pit going in my backyard and as you asked about a ramp I'm trying to go down along the outer edge of pit. probably not going to be a perfect spiral due to large tree roots and not sure how deep I can go?
I plan on cleaning and using material to build roadbed under the shingles I currently use for roads.
And speaking of roads, that is a big thing to plan for and figure out for a park. Using shingles isn't the best road but it can be layed out very easily and quickly and also cheap. Nothing permanent but gives an idea of where to go and easy to change.
Also incorporated a couple loading docks for the highway haulers in the park. It's fun running the forklift and loading the flatbed trailer to go from dock to dock.
Future plans, weigh scale, screening plant , conveyors, hopper....
Old 01-03-2016, 05:46 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road

I don`t have any where in my backyard to dig because it is full of gardens and my garage is full. So I have to go to my local park/playground. There is a small rock filled pit on the sides of the trail which I dig in. by dig, I just scoop up a little dirt and move some rocks, not digging it up too much though. If you dig in a public park, you can`t tear up the grass, clear bushes or destroy any thing. also If you are driving a wheeled vehicle like a wheel loader, you have to drive in low gear or at low speed because there are going to be kids running around.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

And you need to have trains too ! Mike
Old 01-04-2016, 04:29 PM

my park is where all the R/C enthusiasts go. even R/C aircraft fans.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Jason, I think you have the same back yard issue I have , it accommodates the 1:1 equipment better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Once there is enough room in my garage, I will build an indoor site.
I want it to have:
. Gravels and stones under the soil
. Pond that is clay lined
. Roads.
. Quarry.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:57 PM

I will soon be running an RC quarry once I get the parts and time to build my equipment. I am actually going to cancel the indoor one. I may make some under ground mine as well.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:37 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

I have a large amount of property that is on a pretty good hill. Building roads with scale drainage systems and rock is very fun. Soil retention walls, brush clearing, etc.