RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 07-18-2011, 05:07 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I know what you mean Neil, I believe I've seen that in the movies.

I tried the Sabertooth last night for the swing motor with poorer results than the MTronics esc, I thought for sure it would work well with smooth operation in both directions... however, it pulsed like crazy in one direction. I'm using a 2x12 in my green GL dump trk, mix turned off, one esc to propel the trk & the other for the hyd dump without a hiccup in either direction. I've either got two defective 2x12's, or I've damaged them in this 850 by trying to push too much current through them with the track motors or they are just not capable for the this swing application either. I'll later try these two 2x12's in other smaller models that I plan to channel mix the hyds. I put the Mtronics esc back in till I aquire a CC or Banebots esc to try out.

So last night's video, the 850 is absent. But I did have a good time with the lil hoe & dozer atop the pile, moving dirt eastward. You can see in the video how this lil hoe struggles with some of the packed dirt, the 850 would carve through that like it was sand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJhAHHKs9Hg

Joe
Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, do you have an ampclamp meter? http://www.fluke.com/Fluke/usen/Elec....htm?PID=56068 to measure peak current on the various function's, Maybe somebody in the neighborhood has one? Just a thought for trouble shooting. Do you have one of those infrared hand held thermometer's? see if the stuff is getting hot, and having thermal cutout's? http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/prod...tegoryTemp.htm Yah I have a few fluke product's. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:50 PM
BANNED

No, I don't have any of that fancy smancy equip Neil , kinda looks too bulky to use in this minature equipment though?

I've been working the snott out of my 850 the last couple nights this week digging a big hole in one corner of my basement. This dirt has never been disturbed and although its soaked up with all the moisture we've had again this yr, it's still very solid. I'd have a tuff time digging this with a bar & a spade.

Here's what I accomplished with one 5amp charged lipo.

And here's last night's one lipo pack.

The 5amp lipo lasts about 45 minutes. I have a variety of ways that I can run my hyd pump, it's on a 3pos switch:
down is off
middle about 3/4 throttle
up is full throttle
turn the mix on with pump 3pos off, all three valves activated together will make the pump run near full throttle
mix on, 3pos in the middle, pumps runs near full throttle with one valve activated, two & it goes to full
mix on, 3pos up, pump runs full throttle

Digging like I am in this hole, 3pos in the middle with mix off. Getting near the end of the charge and the voltage starting to drop off, 3pos up.

3pos in the middle, pressure is about 20-22bar
3pos up, pressure is about 24 bar

I don't see a need to increase the pressure anymore than that, its plenty of power to dig hard, sticky soil. I haven't experience any leaks in the soldered cyl joints yet, though I did have some sealing issues at the beginning with the barbed fittings screwed into the cyls... could've been a speck of dirt on the seal...

Everything is working good on the 850, it has gone beyond my expectations what a scale model should could ever do.

Joe
Old 08-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Good to hear. I think I've been losing sleep waiting for mine to come. Keeps getting delayed from Vario. Dummy me should have just built the **** thing.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, got any car, truck, or tractor, dash mounted amp meter gage's, kicking around?
One of those hooked up on a battery lead would tell you alot!
Heck of alot cheaper than a Fluke meter to boot.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug

P.S. here's a link for an amp gauge http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...yword=amp+gage

Last edited by doodlebug; 08-06-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: more
Old 08-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

The 850 looks like it's doing great. Have you posted any video of it yet? I can remember seeing any. Bet it's a treat to operate.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:45 PM

mog is on a distinguished road

wow joe glad too see you new toy is working out great you will get that paint wore off in no time now and you shere getting good at taking pics as well job well done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:10 AM
BANNED

I have a 0-30v, 5amp power supply with an amp meter on it, I've used it in the past on the Stahl excavators to measure the amp draw of the pump at various psi settings... don't know if it could handle the 850 without blowing a fuse, but I know whatcha mean Neil, a dashmount amp meter is a great idea!

A couple vids of the 850 on the previous page Ben. One with it in the basement and a couple outside in the bright sun.

Yeah, its working pretty good Martin. Some electronic goodies showed up last week to improve the 850's performance moreso yet for the swing & tracks, and Vario tells me that my track upgrade kit may ship out next wk... probably won't rebuild the 850 till after harvest though, with all this heat the last month, the crop is coming on fast!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 AM

mgb is on a distinguished road

My god that thing can dig a hole, it looks deep too. The trucks will never keep up . Quite a size difference with the CAT. Keep the videos comin.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Here I thought I was keeping up good.....wrong. Nice videos Joe. The 850 is a hoss!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:17 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Do you still have the track loader?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:28 PM

androiduk is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe,

Nice to now be able to understand the reasns behind the Youtube videos I trawled through , just wondered if you have seen this one:

http://www.modellismomaximo.com/prod...oducts_id=2406

The videos of it at work are amazing especially lifting the plastic water containers ! ! maybe you could get them to donate you one for a trail LOL

Keep up the work and I hope you and your are all OK.

Andy
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 PM
BANNED

Andy,

The Original thread that started it all "Hauling dirt out of my basement" was on a forum that disappeared a yr ago, but this thread http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25724 captures the last three yrs of the goings on down there.

My Vario John Deere 850 is twice the weight, twice the reach and five times the power & speed of this Italian hoe for about the same price. Since getting this 850 model, I haven't touched the pic axe to mine out new dirt from the basement.

Thank you for your interest.

Joe
Old 08-31-2011, 05:45 AM

No problem Joe , but if you hadnt of seen it you have now , maybe the moving trolley gives you some ideas .

WOW 48 pages to trawl through , i might be there a while

Andy
Old 09-18-2011, 01:01 PM
BANNED

The Garden thread was over 100 pages.

I've just about got this hole cleaned out... maybe today.

I'm thinking after the loose dirt is cleaned up that I'll set the 850 in the hole & dig it deeper by another two feet or so. Then most of this wall will fit in it this winter. I'm going to finnish this basement excavation project before I move out of the house next Spring.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Nice work Joe. Looks like it will a busy winter if your going to finish up the project. Just wondering how much break out power difference there is between the Vario and the
RC4WD.
Rob
Old 09-18-2011, 01:43 PM
BANNED

The Vario gvw is nearly 80lbs & the HK is about 30lbs... more than double I would guess.

I'm going to try to knock down that entire wall with the 850, no hand digging allowed!

Joe
Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 AM
BANNED

I've been digging the hole deeper! My buddy Kalle had his friend tool me up a ripper tooth as well and that helps imensely to loosen up this sticky brown clay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVY6HWRRgTE

Joe
Old 09-23-2011, 04:06 AM

That 850 has some amazing power Joe , I bet the others hardly get a look in at the work now . Hows the chinese one working out , did you get the bits to repair you WDC ?

Andy
Old 09-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Joe Its a good thing that Deere wasn't avalible years ago or else you would have been out of work long ago. That Deere is a real machine ! ! !
Great video, are you planning on building a road down into the hole so you can start hauling out material ?

greg