RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

Wow, that thing will be huge. What would the scale dimensions be on that dump truck? Your excavator is an incredible piece of equipment. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

When you do the 960E truck, the drive line can be very prototypical - a traction motor in each rear wheel assembly and electrically driven! That will be one large toy. What do you have in mind for getting tires? I've looked at doing a Komatsu HD785 truck (100 ton) in 1/14 scale, but have not found any tires that are close to diameter/width combination. Anyway, enjoying the excavator build and looking forward to the truck.

Ken
Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 PM

izzzul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeagle View Post
Wow, that thing will be huge. What would the scale dimensions be on that dump truck? Your excavator is an incredible piece of equipment. Thanks for sharing.
Hi there,
Being thinking over the ratio here, if to match my 1:10 scale excavator, the dump truck will be out-sized my excav, so i'm planning for 1:14 or 1:16, so they both can 'play' together, i hope..
Old 05-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
When you do the 960E truck, the drive line can be very prototypical - a traction motor in each rear wheel assembly and electrically driven! That will be one large toy. What do you have in mind for getting tires? I've looked at doing a Komatsu HD785 truck (100 ton) in 1/14 scale, but have not found any tires that are close to diameter/width combination. Anyway, enjoying the excavator build and looking forward to the truck.

Ken
Ken,
I need a big and powerful drive-terrain/planetary gears here, still designing...size will try to come head to head with my Excav, at 1:14 scale, the length will be slight more than 1 meter, and 0.6meter in height I think..maybe slightly smaller than this, as to match all other gadgets...tires...i will custom made here, Tom (Thx Mr MODELMAN) had given me the info on the Si-Rubber mfgr, and i got the quote for the material i need, right now, to come up with the mold..before i order them, or second choice is to customize them as per my existing Volvo Dump Truck..(solid rubber and hand cut the thread)..
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Rebekah_harper is on a distinguished road

hiya,

I am following your build with great interest and love what you have achieved.

I am an ex digger driver and found that transferring my skill as an operator was something to get used to but not difficult.

here are some suggestions if you like to help learn the basics of fluid driving.

first is to master the use of 2 actions at one time this you do by operating the boom and jib simultaneously. the aim is to be able to follow a flat ground surface in paralell with the teeth. as you pull the jib in, raise the boom at the appropriate speed in order to follow the ground level. it is best to start with the jib a little further out than 90 degrees to the ground and practice this with moving the jib out further and further. good drivers would not have it at full stretch when doing this but experienced drivers will.
once you have mastered this then move onto 3 movements at the same time this is the inclusion of the bucket. again as the first excersise but have the bucket flat to the ground surface. bring in the jib at a constant speed and adjust the boom hieght and bucket level so that the bottom of the bucket remains flat with the ground.
build on this by adding slew control, and again bring in the jib whilst keeping the bucket flat with the ground but add a slew action as well.

the whole package should be a fluid motion but like with real life mini diggers, the model is highly responsibe so plan the motion in your mind and keep one step ahead of the work you wish to carry out.

it is always best to have the controller on a strap so that your hand/fingers are soley there to control the sticks and to rest your palm beside them.

the big machines have a little lag and there for are easier to plan with your movements but as I said the models and the real life mini diggers don't have that luxury and there for can be more difficult to control.

hope that this helps and that you have found it usefull.

again I am really impressed with your build and hope that my build has the same result.

kind regards

becky
Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 PM

Thank you so much Becky, that's help, will practice more here, my hand still shaking sometimes...lol. thought playing aircraft/heli is tough, this EXCAV is the same too, but of course not till crashing to ground..

aim to complete the whole construction army and play with my frens here..(excav, dump truck, articulate truck and wheel loader)..trying to get more ppl here to join this interesting hobby (plus some req for custom build). can you share your 954 build, love to see the hyd motor in action..
Old 05-06-2012, 04:27 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

WOW, remarkable work on the machines. In the right setting it would be hard to tell from the real thing, as it should be.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 AM

hi, i wanna share some final look of my build....when all the decal n sticker meet the cabin body....next is time to improve my handling skills...still far to match Reg in his Volvo EC300D..will share some video later..

Old 05-17-2012, 10:53 AM

Madda is an unknown quantity at this point

That is nice build! Congratulations on your accomplishment!

One thing that bothers me is that the hydraulic rams are silver but yellow or black would be bettter for these.

Have fun with this and show videos!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madda View Post
That is nice build! Congratulations on your accomplishment!

One thing that bothers me is that the hydraulic rams are silver but yellow or black would be bettter for these.

Have fun with this and show videos!
yes, you're right, i'd missed this, suppose to be yellow in color, will do the touch up later...thx for pointing this out..
Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

WOW, That looks fantastic! Great job...and you have two!

I think you'll be operating yours nice and smooth in no time!

Reg
Old 05-17-2012, 11:35 AM

Madda is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzzul View Post
yes, you're right, i'd missed this, suppose to be yellow in color, will do the touch up later...thx for pointing this out..
Good, show some pics then too!

PS! I didn't mean to say that your build looks like **** because of these, just a reccommendation

Don't worry about the handling skills, you will get the tricks in no time
Old 05-20-2012, 08:24 PM

no prob Madda, will share the pic and video later, at same time, still working to complete the main skeleton for the KAC960 dump truck...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 AM

just wanna share some latest video today (had no time to snap video), stuck with other things, summer holiday, etc... sorry.. refer my blog below:

http://my-rc-page.blogspot.com/
Old 08-05-2012, 11:48 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Yes, a good radio to operate these powerful models gracefully is a must!

What radio are you considering to use with the excavator?

May I suggest shorter arms for the upper bucket linkage to increase your bucket curl radius?

That hoe is freaking huge! A great comparison photo with your daughter.

Joe
Old 08-05-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Yes, a good radio to operate these powerful models gracefully is a must!

What radio are you considering to use with the excavator?

May I suggest shorter arms for the upper bucket linkage to increase your bucket curl radius?

That hoe is freaking huge! A great comparison photo with your daughter.
Thx Joe,
I hv 2 spares of 7 Chl JR Propo/Spectrum RX, it has fair mixture of settings/prgms that i can play with, i'm planning to follow the same setting that i saw on your previous posts (other threads). I agree with that shorter linkage for bucket, i'll modify that.

I'm pretty happy on the run time though, using small VDC supply, i can play up to 1 Hr each time. I have to stop coz it too hot (LRP Truck Puller BEC for the rotary table motor). Plan to install a mod fan, attached to the hyp pump motor to circulate heat in the cabin out through the perforated top panel.

Let me know if you hv some other thought.

Last edited by izzzul; 08-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzzul View Post
Thx Joe,
I hv 2 spares of 7 Chl JR Propo/Spectrum RX, it has fair mixture of settings/prgms that i can play with, i'm planning to follow the same setting that i saw on your previous posts (other threads). I agree with that shorter linkage for bucket, i'll modify that.

I'm pretty happy on the run time though, using small VDC supply, i can play up to 1 Hr each time. I have to stop coz it too hot (LRP Truck Puller BEC for the rotary table motor). Plan to install a mod fan, attached to the hyp pump motor to circulate heat in the cabin out through the perforated top panel.

Let me know if you hv some other thought.
Have you seen the aluminum heat sink's that clamp to the motor's?

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:08 AM

Neil,
It's not the hyd motor that getting hot, it's the BEC aka ESC for the turntable motor. The pump motor, so far so good, i'm using high Amp (29A, 12VDC here). Instaed of inst a fan, i wanna glue a artificial blade on the BL motor body, and it will direct the cold air from outside, to cool down the whole units. Having heatsink on the BEC body would be great idea too, thx.

Maybe that's not the real trouble, i dont hv to play for >1Hr time everytime, just tried to push up to the limit here, to see anything would fall apart or break..once my Dump Truck is ready, it would be great conbination i think. I love this stuff

Last edited by izzzul; 08-06-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:56 AM

It is rainy season nowadays, and i wanna test my EXCAV in the mud. So, I dug a hole and waited for storm water to fill up and plan the mud like a kid...see video below:

See more details in my blog: http://my-rc-page.blogspot.com/
Old 09-16-2012, 04:47 AM

Here is the video (youtube):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XMgpvZyLSW4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rQ_o-F5Xxx0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=khNYx5bPiV0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7ofdtWL5ZWg

Last edited by izzzul; 09-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.