RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default paypal !!!???

what the _______ is this ? the heck I'm gona give any more info to pp claiming gov reg without seein the reg

copied from paypal

Jun 18, 2013 : Before we can offer you certain products and services, federal regulations require that we collect specific information to verify your identity. This information includes your name, address, date of birth, and National Tax ID or Social Security number. We haven't been able to verify your identity using the information you provided, so we need some additional documentation from you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: paypal !!!???

Sounds like a scam to me!

Personally, I hate paypal. Used it once, first for a sale of some slot car track. They kept my money for three months! I bought something with the credit as soon as they finally released the funds, then closed the account.

Never Again.

Jim
Old 06-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I don't have it with my bizness acct just my personnel . It pops up when I log in . Just wondering if any 1 experiences the same in yankeeville USA . Seems like a lot of goofy crap happening in this country in the last few years ***

*** trying to keep politics out of the discussion please

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:39 AM

Rebekah_harper is on a distinguished road

There are email's about. There is a PayPal scam email inbox you can send them to.

I've had a few. They never ask for your details, now officially does!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

i think it is another way for the government to moniter how much income you make from other sources.i know awhile back i heard from a gent at a toy show say that he prefers to sell his stuff at toy shows rather than e-bay because the government realized that some individuals were making tons of unclaimed income from selling on ebay and not declaring that income on their annual tax returns.this same gent told me e-bay was a side thing for him and his wife and they make $40,000 + every year on e-bay alone.they both have regular jobs too and they don't declare the income from e-bay .then e-bay started making people register with them and now i heard that the gov. moniters the action on e-bay and if you make over a certain amount per month the gov will send out a letter to those people asking about their incomes.they already know about it they just want to see who declares it and find the tax cheats.that is probably the same thing they are doing with paypal because so many people use it now.thats my opinion but that sounds logical to me considering they want all of your personal info especially your social insurance tax number and date of birth
Old 06-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: paypal !!!???

If you received it as an e-mail, it's probably a scam. PayPal will never ask for your personal info in an e-mail. They already have your info (think about it). You gave it to them when you opened your account. If you need to check the status of your account, log onto Paypal.com and contact customer service, they will be more than willing to answer any questions.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."