RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Taking Inventory

This is going to be an earth shattering project. It's one of those things everyone wants to build, but no one actually does. Any plans to deal with the high number of hydraulic lines in such a small space? I found they were larger in diameter and stiffer than expected.

How was Anaheim Automation to buy from? The lack of online store scared me off.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Joe , I've been planning on building a cat 416 (the early 1's ) I would stick with the gear motors . Your going to need all the room you can get . check the gear motors on robot market place . I'll be watchin this 1

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

If memory serves me correctly, the tam axle ratio is 2.73.

Have you considered the difference in using Leimbach's minature hydraulic system for space issues?

B - 44mm
H - 9mm
H (with servo added) - 37mm
T - 18mm

...we'll claim your thread to the construction equip forum to give your unique & original build a permanent home.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
If memory serves me correctly, the tam axle ratio is 2.73.

Have you considered the difference in using Leimbach's minature hydraulic system for space issues?

B - 44mm
H - 9mm
H (with servo added) - 37mm
T - 18mm

...we'll claim your thread to the construction equip forum to give your unique & original build a permanent home.
Hmm, I've never seen that before, Joe! I could think of a couple uses for something that size. Any idea how much fluid that unit holds? Enough for a 4 or 5 stage dump box cylinder?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

A tractor/backhoe/loader is a great project. Don't think I'd want to try it but this will be a real marvel in miniature!

Ken
Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road

Lou: Blackfoot tread pattern right on the money but looks like these are 130mm so too big. Thanks though.

Espeefan: Thanks for link to Imex. Had not run across this yet. 1.9 series has right outside diameter but no chevron patterns! RC4WD axle sets are nice! Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender View Post
This is going to be an earth shattering project. It's one of those things everyone wants to build, but no one actually does. Any plans to deal with the high number of hydraulic lines in such a small space? I found they were larger in diameter and stiffer than expected.

How was Anaheim Automation to buy from? The lack of online store scared me off.
Gee thanks Blender. No pressure. I hear you on the hydraulic lines...it will be a challenge. I'm using the smallest available clippard hose (1/8" O.D., 1/16" I.D.) on the Ertl test board and I was happy with the flexibility of these lines and the flow rate seemed okay. You have to really force them onto the smaller metric Leimbach nipples (2mm I think?) on the spool valve but they have been in place for 2 1/2 years without splitting and seem to work fine. So yes, I've considered the lines in all my measurements but haven't drawn detailed plans of the routing...sometimes you just have to size it up and say "I can make this work". Anaheim Automation was great....just had to call them up. They said they get quite a few orders from hobbiest.

Quote:
You know I remember seeing these on the Leimbach website and I don't know why I didn't go this route. Probably because I was dealing w/ Ric at PMD and was getting in a hurry and just buying what he had in stock....seems funny being 2 1/2 years later and all.

I'm going to try and work with what I've got. Nice to know this option is in my back pocket (no pun intended $$ ha ha).

Joe
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Nathan, don't know for sure it's capacity, but I'd guess it to be 50ml. Not enough for wdc's 3stage telescope by itself, however I'd think you could tie this reservior tank to the fuel tank on the other side as well. This minature pump/tank is moreso I think for double acting cyls.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Nathan Scale Art sells two size tanks and pump the one for the dump trailer. The tank is 115CM3 240 ml. This does there 4 stage. It does 12 bars and is 326.89 Euro. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER; 01-04-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Nathan, don't know for sure it's capacity, but I'd guess it to be 50ml. Not enough for wdc's 3stage telescope by itself, however I'd think you could tie this reservior tank to the fuel tank on the other side as well. This minature pump/tank is moreso I think for double acting cyls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Nathan Scale Art sells two size tanks and pump the one for the dump trailer. The tank is 115CM3 240 ml. This does there 4 stage. It does 12 bars and is 326.89 Euro. Ed
Thanks Ed and Joe. After posting, I did think about using the remote hydraulic tank idea too. I think it would nice to have an actual valve block to control the flow too. I know end dumps use gravity to bring the box down (1:1 dumps anyway - Wedico runs their pump in reverse to suck the oil out), but for something like a side dump, a valve block would be perfect. I'm going to look into a little more. I may not have any room for a valve block, a pump and a tank. Unless that valve block is small enough to fit inside a 1.5" O.D. fuel tank too. Boy, that'd be a alot of extra plumbing (more hydraulic line). Tank to pump, pump to valve block, valve block to couplers, and back.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road

Grumpy - I might just contact you about the tire mold service. Going to keep looking for another week or two. The rear tires on the old Ertl at start of this thread are almost perfect dia and width but tread pattern not so great. BTW...any how-to threads on the topic?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

here are a couple sorry didn't have time to really check them out but they are ones that i had saved
http://www.oldweirdherald.com/scales.../silicones.htm
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic677276.htm
http://www.magazinepublisher.com/mod...res/tires.html this one i think is a seller that does 1/25 scale tires

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#1910499

http://membres.multimania.fr/philmodelcar/DSC02901.JPG

will look for more later

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbothell View Post
Grumpy - I might just contact you about the tire mold service. Going to keep looking for another week or two. The rear tires on the old Ertl at start of this thread are almost perfect dia and width but tread pattern not so great. BTW...any how-to threads on the topic?

Old 01-17-2011, 07:45 PM

enginemiester is on a distinguished road

That will be one amazing model when its completed, but where did you obtain the drawings of the machine with dimensions?