RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default A few laps with a fat guy(moto)

Here you go RW. This is one of the things we can do while Mario looks at my 2015 calender... I'm in such horrible shape! Wow! I have only ridden the track twice in the last three years so I have to get back in shape... The grunt at the end is me pretty much gasping like a fish out of water...

http://youtu.be/oUppyiTuVSI
Old 01-11-2015, 10:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A few laps with a fat guy(moto)

Judging by the amount of GRASS on your DIRT track..... I'd say I'm not the only one sitting around looking at calendars lately.
I'm glad your ok Reg and made it safe n sound.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yep it has been a while! I think up until a few weeks ago, November of 2011 was the last time I rode on the track. I rode a few more laps after I turned the camera off but I did stop before things started getting sketchy.lol I used to be able to ride lap after lap after lap but not now. I have spent so much time in my shop building toys that I have really let myself go.haha I've had a motorcycle since I was 4 years old and over the years I have gotten in and out of the sport but always kept a bike. It seems like no matter what drags me away, I always end up back into bikes eventually. RCP57 all started from the bike thing so maybe it's time to revisit that for a bit. Today was nearly perfect! I spent a few hours in the shop working on a customer project, then took a break to ride for a bit and then back into the shop to continue working.... If only my wife had been home to make me lunch...I mean talk to....haha! Just Kidding Kim
Old 01-11-2015, 11:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Hey not bad! Yea arms getting heavy? Lol!! Man just a few years ago (at least it feels like) I would practice running 40min motos on the big track, take a break and run 20 motos on the sx track!!! Looking back I would have to say, that was the best shape I was in (when not broken) I think ever!! I do miss the ride, it's funny but practice was something to look forward to!! When ya throw a leg over it seems like everything else disappears, but then something brings ya back, like running out of oxygen!! Lol!! Had a grey area when the second knee surgery hit , that's what got the d6 dozer to level the track. Try not to look back but running a few laps is something that clears the mind and sooths the soul!!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:24 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

You're 39yo now? That's what age I was when I had a low speed crash with a quad & cracked my pelvis... 8wks before I could walk again & over a yr before I could lift & carry more than 20lbs. The lower back pain I suffer from the last 3yrs, the majority pain is right where the crack happened, 2" left of center.

Since 30yo with my 1st quad, I use to ride over 5000miles per yr, drove it everywhere 12months of the yr, it was an awesome tool for the farm, especially with cattle.

I still use a quad on the farm, but I travel a lot slower. the wheels never leave the ground & it's strictly farm use for crop checking & fencing. I can't afford to get hurt nowadays, if I get any more physically handicapped than I already am, my farming career will be over!

Don't mean to rain on your enjoyment Reg, but we aint 20yo & heal fast anymore... I absolutely love the use of my new workshop this winter, but I can't put in the big hrs you do everyday b/c my back pain won't let me... just saying, be careful.

Joe
Old 01-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Hey not bad! Yea arms getting heavy? Lol!! Man just a few years ago (at least it feels like) I would practice running 40min motos on the big track, take a break and run 20 motos on the sx track!!! Looking back I would have to say, that was the best shape I was in (when not broken) I think ever!! I do miss the ride, it's funny but practice was something to look forward to!! When ya throw a leg over it seems like everything else disappears, but then something brings ya back, like running out of oxygen!! Lol!! Had a grey area when the second knee surgery hit , that's what got the d6 dozer to level the track. Try not to look back but running a few laps is something that clears the mind and sooths the soul!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
You're 39yo now? That's what age I was when I had a low speed crash with a quad & cracked my pelvis... 8wks before I could walk again & over a yr before I could lift & carry more than 20lbs. The lower back pain I suffer from the last 3yrs, the majority pain is right where the crack happened, 2" left of center.

Since 30yo with my 1st quad, I use to ride over 5000miles per yr, drove it everywhere 12months of the yr, it was an awesome tool for the farm, especially with cattle.

I still use a quad on the farm, but I travel a lot slower. the wheels never leave the ground & it's strictly farm use for crop checking & fencing. I can't afford to get hurt nowadays, if I get any more physically handicapped than I already am, my farming career will be over!

Don't mean to rain on your enjoyment Reg, but we aint 20yo & heal fast anymore... I absolutely love the use of my new workshop this winter, but I can't put in the big hrs you do everyday b/c my back pain won't let me... just saying, be careful.
Yeah you guys are right. Can't be too careful that's for sure. I've never really been a reckless, push the limits kind of rider(insert SLOW) but I've had a few nasty get offs over the years just like everyone else. Some that required trips to the hospital and sleeping in a recliner with two broken legs while others I barely got a scratch! I find it pretty easy to talk myself out of riding now a days because I can't afford to get hurt either. On the flip side I spend so much time in the shop pretty much 7 days a week that I am in horrible shape for my age. Not to mention having high blood pressure and other crap that stems from stress and a lack of exercise.lol RW is absolutely right though, when you swing a leg over the bike it makes everything more clear...until you crash and start seeing stars.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey reg, we both can go to a couple local races and enter the +40 class now!!! Lol!!
Old 01-12-2015, 02:44 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I'm kinda sorta moved into my shop, but still have a lot parts, my lathe & mill in the house yet. It's about 40 yards from the middle room in the shop to the hobby room in the back of my house. I think I make the trip 15x or more everyday... on the one hand it's a nuisance to get anything done, but on the other hand I'm getting lots of exercise too.

Perhaps a re-organization of your shop tools is in order Reg, put your lathe on one end, the mill on the other, tools for each at opposite ends & your workbench in the middle... you'd get an incredible amount of exercise everyday.

Joe
Old 01-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Nice Track! I ride DownHill/Freeride bikes but haven't ever gotten into bikes with motors... But every time i'm at the dunes I always see people wiping some huge air....looks like a lot of fun Ride safe and tear it up.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I'm kinda sorta moved into my shop, but still have a lot parts, my lathe & mill in the house yet. It's about 40 yards from the middle room in the shop to the hobby room in the back of my house. I think I make the trip 15x or more everyday... on the one hand it's a nuisance to get anything done, but on the other hand I'm getting lots of exercise too.

Perhaps a re-organization of your shop tools is in order Reg, put your lathe on one end, the mill on the other, tools for each at opposite ends & your workbench in the middle... you'd get an incredible amount of exercise everyday.
Yes, better for exercise Joe but no good for production as you said! Too much time lost walking between machines!lol I used to spend a bit of time walking back and forth from my parents place to use Dad's lathe. I now have a mini lathe in my own shop and it does the trick for most small stuff. It takes less time to do things now but there is less and less reason for me to even go outside...Good thing I need to pee every now and then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Nice Track! I ride DownHill/Freeride bikes but haven't ever gotten into bikes with motors... But every time i'm at the dunes I always see people wiping some huge air....looks like a lot of fun Ride safe and tear it up.
That downhill stuff looks sketchy to me. I have never made it to the dunes although I would like to go. I think I would take my ATV for that one though. I have never been a fan of riding in sand on a dirtbike. Finding medical insurance to cover what they consider an "extreme sport" outside of Canada is pretty expensive so I'll probably never make the trip. I'll just stay here and ride in my backyard until "the man" tells me I can't anymore.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I get a lot of exercise hauling the RC's from the basement to the backyard.
If you don't have a basement, dig one. If your compound is close to the house, make it far. And considering you have no winter, it's a year round workout!
We have to take that high bp seriously Reg. I hate pills, seen too many people with a prescription list a mile long. I was proud of the fact I take no pills for nothing.....till a couple years ago. Atleast it's only one pill and keeps my bp right.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:50 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Yep it has been a while! I think up until a few weeks ago, November of 2011 was the last time I rode on the track. I rode a few more laps after I turned the camera off but I did stop before things started getting sketchy.lol I used to be able to ride lap after lap after lap but not now. I have spent so much time in my shop building toys that I have really let myself go.haha I've had a motorcycle since I was 4 years old and over the years I have gotten in and out of the sport but always kept a bike. It seems like no matter what drags me away, I always end up back into bikes eventually. RCP57 all started from the bike thing so maybe it's time to revisit that for a bit. Today was nearly perfect! I spent a few hours in the shop working on a customer project, then took a break to ride for a bit and then back into the shop to continue working.... If only my wife had been home to make me lunch...I mean talk to....haha! Just Kidding Kim

I love riding we I have a whole bunch of snow and ice on my track. I have rode with screws on the track and it's a blast, might have to go ride!! Reg, wait till you turn (51) years old, your Laps will drop fast!!

David
Old 01-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I rode with some gncc guys that had trellbourg studded tires. Trying to keep in shape over winter I got some of them, wow , I got better traction on ice than dirt!! Lol, those monster diggers really grip!! They look like an inverted blender for flesh though
And I've been in dunes, sand is really fun, once you realize you have one speed, pinned, and remember "when in doubt, pin it out". First time I got in real sand was down in croom co. Florida, turned off the road into sand , fell over,, yup slower is harder. But turned out to be awesome ride. All this has made me realize that I've added more pounds over the years and need to do something about it. No doubt it's good exercise , and track is safe, no do or die triples. . This may just be the incentive I needed to get the heart rate up and bp down!! Thanks for sharin reg!!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

We are pretty lucky here with the weather. Every now and then the track freezes solid like concrete and that can be a bit scary. Crashing when the ground is frozen and bare is bad news. It tears up the bike and rider so I don't ride when it's like that anymore. That's when a trail ride or something is a better choice in my opinion.lol This track is pretty safe because none of the jumps are very big just close together. It's intimidating for beginners as most of the jumps are doubles with a steep face on the landing. If you come up sort front end high you're just in for a rough landing, come up short with the front end low and you're in trouble!lol In the years when we rode 2 strokes the jump faces were much steeper. It seems like the 4 stroke bikes like a more sloped out ramp and carrying more speed. Maybe that's just me but I know I have cut the lips down on the jumps a lot since I switched to a 4 banger. There is a pretty good chance that my next bike will be a 2 stroke again so we'll see if the jumps get built up again or I'm just old and more afraid of heights. I love the 4 stroke and would buy another 250F in a heartbeat if money weren't an object. Now that my 2007 has 70+ hours on it I am thinking about the cost of rebuilding it and I don't like it.lol If it were an 8 year old 2 stroke $200 would have it freshened up but being a 4 stroke it will cost close to $1500....lame! It's pretty sad that you pay 9K for a new bike and it only lasts about 100 hours without needing a total overhaul. If I were a pro and really riding the bike to it's potential it would have been done long before that. Motocross used to be an affordable sport but it's getting more expensive all the time just like everything else. Having said that, whens the new bike entering the garage RW?
Old 01-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yea,yea, all my buddies around here have been after me for year to at least get a trail bike. More just converting to be street legal and ride from home to the trails.
Back in the day I rebuilt my own stuff at least once a month. (Rings, pistons ect). Usually got a season on at 250 crank and about half year on the 125s. Yea at end of year my bikes were basically not fit for selling, broken frames, welded, bent, just shot. But show new plastic on and they looked great. Funny story, most all of my 125s were 150s. (What they would call cheater kits). And now the two strokes are dinosaurs , in the racing world I can guarantee that when you were watching motocross racing on TV that at least 40% of those bikes were big bores. AMA didn't tec your cylinder in tec inspection. And unless you were contested and fought it, or you placed top three (mandatory tear-down) you were never bore inspected. Realistic it didn't matter cuz talent will win over all but getting to that first turn first is a major part of the race. And being a bit big for 125's (race weight 175-180) against someone made of rubber and weighing in at 115 any first turn advantage was good. Bikes are different now, power is more useable. Use to be the clutch was for slowing you down and brakes were for traction. Throttle was always wide open!! Lol, now I don't know if my wrist can learn how to twist. Lol. Got a couple extra bones in it anyway (never healed right). The 4strokes definitely have their advantages, not really getting into cylinder but re-routing the breathing (intake & exhaust). Then, I could have about $1500 of crank/ cylinder work netting about 3-4 more horses, now bolt on a pipe and get 4-5 more for $200.

Just remember reg, legs should be more tired than arms . Lol. Keep it up bro!!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey I could bring the d11 and clean up the faces!! Wile you gasp for air I can sit and rework one tiny area of track .
Old 01-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, sounds like a plan! Bring lots of batteries because I will spend a lot of time gasping... I always thought my minibike track would be perfect for 1/5 scale stuff. Maybe we need to rework that instead? It's a lot closer to my house as well so we don't have to carry the stuff as far. Oh wait, I was doing this for exercise, I forgot...
Old 01-16-2015, 10:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

You might like a dual sport. I have one and it's ok. It's only a 250 so it seems a little bit underpowered because of it's weight. On the flip side, it is decent on gas and still goes plenty fast if you run it hard. I find it really boring riding on the street but it is nice to take camping or run ten minutes down the road and onto a trail. I have thought about selling it to fund the new MX bike idea but the truth is if I do that I will likely never replace it so I will keep it and try to save up the money. I only rode it 200km last year out of 4 months insured so it should last me a long time!haha
Old 01-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It is funny but from your comment about how the bikes started all this, it has been same for me. Went through a grey period after getting out of racing as that was a big part of my life. Had a girlfriend back then that was told hey I ride, it comes first, you second. Yea she cheated on me!? Lol!! But the rc stuff was always interesting to me. Once I realized I could tune, tweak, and be competitive (just with friends) with that with no risk of emergency room visits it became much more appealing. Then finding a thread about joe and digging out his basement. Well it all has ended in $$$ of machines, tooling, and being happy without a cast on some body part. So the current wife and family is supportive and thankful to you guys!! Me too!! Now it's like coming back semi-circle to be getting a bike for exercise and fun!! Might have to swing up to the old Kawi dealer. I always was a honda guy but whoever would help the most was who I liked. Oh back when Doug Henery won at the Vegas super cross I was there marking the new era in 4strokes. Never been the same since!! They had plastic gears in his bike (saving weight-and didn't need 5th gear anyway) oh and you gncc guys are nuts!! I can run laps around you on a track but when in the woods-whooo, those trees and rocks, man I had to stop, turn off and listen to where they got to!! Well back to some heavy equipment work.