RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default My Stretched globeliner (new pics 7/16/12)

Hi there i recently bought a Globeliner and here are some things im working on

Here's what its starting out like

Heres what im hoping to make

I decided to try making my own fenders for it as i have a certain look i wanted to acheive overall. Heres my progress.

Heres a mock up sitting on the truck ( not mounted or height adjusted yet)

I used sheet styrene and a 4" pvc pipe.

I got a bunch done today and was playing around woth some ideas.

I was playing around with mount ideas but i dont like these

Testing what it would look like with the lights in the fender instead of a bumper

heres with the turn signal on

Not sure im im happy with them yet but heres where im at with it. Need to figure out mounts for it still, and im trying to figure out a way that i can make my turn signal be red (thats easy) but be on with the headlights, flash for turn and brake... that way all leds in back would be red.. any ideas?
Let me know what you think.

Last edited by dabears; 07-17-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:31 PM

wrhby85 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Stretched globeliner

Looks good now, cant wait to see how it turns out w/ your personal touches. Are you in the city or out in the burbs?

Bill
Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrhby85 View Post
Looks good now, cant wait to see how it turns out w/ your personal touches. Are you in the city or out in the burbs?

Bill

Thanks i like the way it looks too but i want to personalize it some. Im North side city im in between ohare and wrigley.

Forgot to mention it has an MFU kit in it I hope to get some add ons for it soon. I need a new visor, front bumper, need a set of mirrors.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Wannabe

hippy is on a distinguished road

nice rig! cant wait to see it done.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are going to be using those fenders, I would suggest removing the tires..Would be a shame to cover of those bad boys and not be able to show off the tread

Just My .02

I am liking those lights on the bumper though

Alfy
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM

New trailer came in today!!!! Heres some pics

Heres with the new fenders on

Now i gotta figure out a few adjustments with it... when i go to hook up the trailer my king pin hits my frame.. truck sits a little to high, or tailer too low ill prob put rubber feet on support legs. When i would make a left turn the trailer would release itself from the 5th wheel.. So i temerarily took off the auto leg retractor. (no idea whats its called) and the trailer stays on with no problems.. Still gotta find a few parts to make the truck. heres what the back will hopefully resemble when done. Ill prob have to slant the rear frame and add guide rails as well for the height issue.

Thanks for looking
Old 03-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Cool truck. Both the model and the 1:1 Freightliner you are using as a referance. Your fenders are looking really nice so far. One thing I have seen done with great results is to get yourself a set of the Knight Hauler's rear tail light assemblies. They have a chrome type bezel, that holds three lenses, and they look really nice. They'd be perfect for mounting on the fenders, or even off the frame of the truck.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

I like the lights in the fenders..... looks kool. Overall that's a nice 1:1 there and I like your Globe.....
Old 03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

The truck is looking awesome. Gotta love the stretched globeliners. Where did you get the trailer from? And the trailer legs are referd to as landing gear or dolly wheels.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

man those globes look awesome stretched!! that freight shaker is a sweet ride also! truck is looking good also those fenders are a nice touch and sweet trailer is that from corbett?

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:52 PM

Thanks everyone.

@BRICKNICK thank you for the lesson The trailer i got from Semi Joes Truck Shop. Its really sturdy! its 43" long full alluminum.

@IZZY im with you i like the lights in the fenders but i may have a drop bumper made for it. Eventually when i can afford it i hope to be able to pull a "nascar" hauler from you. You make some sweet trailers!!

Still need to put lights in the trailer, make a bumper for it, paint it and make a few tweaks here and there. I may turn it into a spread axle instead of a tri-axle. havnt decided. I have a list of trailers i want. Luckily most my changes wont require a full tear down for awhile so i can run the truck while working on it.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like your globe, and you did a really good job on the fenders. I do agree with Alfy, I would remove the tires...it would be a shame to hide that beautiful tread. And the lights in the fenders look awsome.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I don't know about removing the tires, just because they are covered with fenders. I'm of the train of thought that the details always matter, even when you don't readily see them. For me, it's all about the details. You can still see the tires are not the normal run of the mill treads. The sidewall gives some of it away too. Make the people look close, and they'll be surprised if they find all these little differences and touches.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

as if you needed another opinion on the tires, if it was me, I'd probably sell them off and put something else on since your going w/ the fenders. You could most likely get something else and make a few bucks in the mean time (for more parts!!!!)

I like the direction this build is taking! can't wait for more update!

Old 03-30-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepside View Post
as if you needed another opinion on the tires, if it was me, I'd probably sell them off and put something else on since your going w/ the fenders. You could most likely get something else and make a few bucks in the mean time (for more parts!!!!)

I like the direction this build is taking! can't wait for more update!
Thats not a half bad idea!! Would the stock tires lower my rear end any? that may be the route i need to go to stop my king pin from smacking my frame when i back up to the trailer. i plan on adding something to the bottom of the landing gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
I don't know about removing the tires, just because they are covered with fenders. I'm of the train of thought that the details always matter, even when you don't readily see them. For me, it's all about the details. You can still see the tires are not the normal run of the mill treads. The sidewall gives some of it away too. Make the people look close, and they'll be surprised if they find all these little differences and touches.
Yes i like details alot! However ive been thinking about taking my drive tires and swapping for the trailer tires, poss making the trailer a spread axle in the process..

Ive searched a few places and googled, but does anyone know who makes a kit to add more lights??? how many extra lights can i add to the MFU with out any extra stuff?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 PM

So i was able to get some more work done again today. I started to make one of the 2 toolboxes im going to make for the trailer heres where im at so far with it.

Gotta fill in some stuff on it , make hinges and a door before i can sand and paint it, but i think its turning out ok.

Also started working on the perminant mounts for the fenders and here is what i came up with. took some brass strips and drilled a hole bent it to fit in the shock mount

The fenders were sitting too high on the brass stips so i decided to notch out the fenders where they would sit on the mounts

So now they sit level and nicely with a perfect fit and have full clearence with all levels of movement of the tires

Also had time to move the possition of the visor so it has the more agressive look to it. Sorry for the bad pics here.

What do ya think so far?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Wannabe

hippy is on a distinguished road

awesome! looks great!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

looking good
Old 04-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road

cool globe!

the freightliner you showed is from a dealer near where i live, they are known for some really top notch used trucks, especially if they redo them.

heres a link to maybe inspire a few more:

http://equipmenterg.com/truck-inventory.php
Old 04-01-2012, 06:37 PM

Talking Re: My Stretched globeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose19 View Post
cool globe!

the freightliner you showed is from a dealer near where i live, they are known for some really top notch used trucks, especially if they redo them.

heres a link to maybe inspire a few more:

http://equipmenterg.com/truck-inventory.php
Too bad they don't still have this one! I need a few more photos,of it. But that link have me ideas for at least 4 more rigs! Thank you for that link!!