RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Scale Art parts and shipping??

Wondering if any of you guys could answer this how long does it take to get an order from ScaleArt? I ordered a pretty expensive parts order with them almost four weeks ago it was shipped via DHL on 3/12/13 Looks like it left Germany on 3/14/13, DHL has not updated the tracking since then and has not given an estimated delivery date.

Anybody had an experience with SA and could give me any kind of guess as to when I might see my parts?

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:55 PM

wrhby85 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scale Art parts and shipping??

Had an order from another German vendor recently ship via DHL (the German Post Office). After the package left the country the tracking was never updated, the USPS never did either always indicating it was in transit. Anyway, took a total of 18 days to receive door to door. Hope this helps.

Bill
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes that does help, thank you.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

I have had tons of orders from Germany from many vendors. Just 2 from ScaleArt. The first one from ScaleArt took about 3 weeks. It was a small lightweight package. The second order was just placed last week. So not sure yet.
In general what I have found with shipping from Germany when they use DHL (which is almost always), is that I always plan on the package getting to me in a min of 1 month... I have received packages in 2 1/2 weeks, and I have had others that took almost 6 weeks. It seemed to be, the bigger, heavier, and more expensive the package, the longer it took. So now I never get worried until it gets closer to a 45 day mark. Yes is sucks to wait that long, but it is sometimes the only way...
As for the tracking, man that will just drive you nuts. Its like torture. Because you will see a bunch of activity up till it says " Item sent to destination country". Then after that there is nothing until it is delivered.
The delay is usually the package sitting in the customs facility here in the USA.
So, my suggestion is always plan on 1 month for receiving any package from Germany and not to get worried until you get to a 40 day mark. That way, if you don't receive the package, you can always make the claim on Paypal.
Good luck,
Eddie
Old 03-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road

Last order i got from Germany took 2 weeks. But that wasnt from ScaleArt.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:20 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

US Customs is always the hold up, 9x out of 10... in today's day & age of terrorism & what not, plus the amount of goods in & out your country... it's got to be overwhelming for customs to check even a small portion of it.

I get goodies from Europe in 4-10 days, big or small. Any to or from USA is 3-6 wks.

Joe
Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Parts came today so I guess about 3 weeks.