RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:41 PM

kornfed is on a distinguished road
Default Something i have always wanted to do

Ever since i was little and saw my first big rig i have always wanted to drive one, well i finely got to last night. As its not truly a big rig as no cdl needed to drive, it is a 1992 kenworth t600 that has been converted to a rv toter for a race car hauler needless to say even though it was only a 2 mile drive i cant wait to drive it again which should happen tomorrow when we make a voyage to take it to the track to race, but i do have a new even grater respect for those who make a living driving these beasts. Just thought i would share my new adventure
Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Something i have always wanted to do

Congrats Doug. I think that all of us drivers can remember the first time we all sat behind the wheel - it's an AWSOME FEELING to say the least

Just remember - Safety First

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Something i have always wanted to do

Most defiantly, I will never forget the firs time I got to run the big ones.......
Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

did it have a CAT engine? the turbos are just music
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:34 AM

kornfed is on a distinguished road

No it has a detroit 60 series in it and a eaton 9 speed
Old 06-16-2013, 12:25 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I know the feeling. Having been born & raised on the farm, I have been driving since age 9, single axle 3tons, then a tag @17, then drove my 1st 18wheeler @ 20yo... I remember it like it was yesterday & yet that 26yrs ago.

Joe
Old 06-16-2013, 07:22 AM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road

Its a great feeling, I remember the first time I took an oversized roadtrain north, I reckon the steering wheel was half its diameter for the first three hours, I griped that wheel like there was no tomorrow. Its more relaxed drive these days. I hope you enjoy your next drive.
Paul

Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

74 U model Mack with no PS hitched to a 25 ton rogers detach . Drove it to high school 1st time out, did my 1/2 day moved machines back to the yard in the afternoon . mind you , before CDL took effect . 1st truck though , 63 f700 no PS some where around age 13 on site . I ran 88 single axle F800 till they cracked down on CDL compliance Sucked , cause after building my IH 2010 fleetstar I couldn't take her on her maiden voyage did take my test in er tough the real test where you did a true pre trip , not this crap the driver isn't a mech. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I remember the first time my parents let me drive the old tractor(just an old Fordson Dexta). I think I was in grade 4 and they let me skip school to stay home and help clear some brush. I was really nervous but I didn't wreck anything. The only big truck I have ever driven though is our old Euc. When I was 14-15 though it seemed like a big deal. I remember driving it down my parents driveway for the first time and thinking I was about to run over everything!lol The truck drives awful but I still look forward to getting behind the wheel when we need it.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:23 PM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

I grew up around trucks.my dad had a Mack dealership and I can remember the first time I got to take a big truck on the road..I was 8 and took a r700 to our house about 14 miles from our shop to a party we put on for our grand opening..I thought I was a big time trucker after that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ran trucks around our lot from the time I was 6 but never on the road and when
dad asked if I wanted to run that one home I was in 7th heaven. Took back dirt roads all the way and never got over 45 mph but boy was I excited..My Mom found out and just about shot my dad but after that I was running truck around a lot

At that time in Minnesota it was legal to drive with out a CDL when you were 16 if you were with in 50 miles from your home base and transporting a truck without a load or had a farm license...my how times have changed

First time I drove legal after I got a CDL when I was 18 was to go pick up a new cruiseliner Mack from the Mack dealer in Fargo ND. It had a custom double sleeper with mural painted on the back and polished bud rims all-around. that's a memory I will never forget.

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 06-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

my first time was my dad was working at a disposal company and they had just purchased a brand new tandem international loadstar to be fitted with a rear load garbage packer and previous to that my dad let me steer on his lap when he picked it up from the dealership,anyway i told you that because that day him and a few of the mechanics had a few brews when they were getting ready to install this packer on the chassis of the new truck and my dad made a bet with the mechanic guy that i could drive .they gave me the keys i started the truck and i moved it from the yard to the shop .needless to say who needs a diesel engine for vibration i was shaking so much from nervousness. my dad won the bet and from then on i got to be the shunt kid in the yard ..i was 8 years old then .then when i was 16 i went to the carolina's with dad and he let me drive the single axle fleetstar he had with a load of foam a few times and i have been hooked ever since 8 .i agree it was the greatest feeling for you to be sitting behind the wheel of a piece of machinery like that with all of the harnessed power under your right foot pedal