RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice needed..

I posted that I was looking for an r2 trans in the b/sforum. I member replied that he had one. I agreed to purchase it, I sent paypal, I received the trans and it turns out to be a 1:1 model which is no longer made, I did not specify that I didn't want an r2 1:1 cause I didn't know there was such a thing. Was just looking for a standard single speed. So I sent a message to the seller who has not replied in overa week but has posted on the board since then.. Did he send me a 1:1 without telling me it was? There was a label on the trans that indicated "1:1" so he was aware but did not mention it. Something else kinda skeevie was I had an item for sale as well and he inquired about it but because my asking price was the same as the new product an alum grill he implied he'd rather buy the new item and pay the extra cost of shipping over buying mine...whatever but just not what I considered member behavior... Anyway I'm looking for a third party opinion here regarding my actions. Thanks
Old 05-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Advice needed..

Sorry, I don't have any advice but am curious, it is a 1:1 ratio as in direct drive? What good is that?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I honestly didn't think such a transmission existed, but now I understand RC4WD did release a 1:1 version for their worm drive rock crawler - because all the reduction is in the axle.

http://www.rc4wdforum.com/showthread...o-Transmission

Can't really offer up any advice. I wouldn't have known such a transmission existed either. Perhaps you can just buy the gears from a reduction R2 and swap them in your trans case. I find it really hard to believe that RC4WD would have designed the case to be different. From a money making standpoint, it would make sense for the difference to be in the gears and not in the case. That way both transmissions could share the case. I think RC4WD sells replacement gears. I'd ask them.

Edit - it does look like the cases are different, so my suggestion might be of no help!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here you go, I think Nathan is right.

http://store.rc4wd.com/Heavy-Duty-Ge...ion_p_835.html

Old 05-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This probably doesn't help much but the gears are out of stock but the single speed R2 (non wide gear version) is in stock.

http://store.rc4wd.com/R2-Black-Craw...-V2_p_842.html
Old 05-04-2014, 12:50 AM
Wannabe

Thanks fellas, yes the cases are different. The 1:1 is smaller. And at the time I was looking for a trans the r2 was out of stock. Of course it's back in stock and I have a couple ordered but I guess I was wondering if I'm wrong to pursuer the seller more and try to get my money back... , leave feedback? I'm obviously biased, and I'm not a big stickler over things like this usually but it feels like the seller is avoiding the issue. Thanks for chiming in Claus, and Nate.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Jason, I would probably want my money back too. One could argue you were an uneducated buyer, who didn't ask any questions, but the seller certainly didn't give you a heads up, which is a problem too. It should have been common courtesy for the seller to inform you, but the seller didn't. In that respect, I see it as the seller taking advantage of you. The fact that you can't seem to get a reply makes me think so even more. I bet most people on this forum would have never known a 1:1 R2 transmission existed. I sure didn't, and I've even built my share of rock crawlers and trail trucks.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 AM

longhairRandy is on a distinguished road

Granted the seller should at least acknowledge your question/s, but you as a buyer, should be responsible enough to know about what you want. As they say caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. That's just my .02.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhairRandy View Post
Granted the seller should at least acknowledge your question/s, but you as a buyer, should be responsible enough to know about what you want. As they say caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. That's just my .02.
Responsible enough?
Old 05-04-2014, 09:49 AM

longhairRandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Responsible enough?
Just to do the research.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Wannabe

Ok.

Seller replied , so it's not an issue any longer.