RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 05-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

It’s not been listed for many years (Fumotech). And eith the current exchange rate, it doesen’t really matter

I guess you’re not thrilled about the snow comming back, but good for us waiting for YT-clips

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:54 AM

rookie101 is on a distinguished road

Anytime I think I'm doing okay on my excavator I just watch one of your videos and remember I'm f@#$%^g terrible !
Old 05-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie101 View Post
Anytime I think I'm doing okay on my excavator I just watch one of your videos and remember I'm f@#$%^g terrible !
Well said, thats how i feel too. Thanks for giving us a reality check Joe
Old 05-05-2019, 02:21 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Forecast is looking good for the end of the week Emil, finally, I still got room on my data plan to make another vid or two this week using the lower vid setting.

Radio tuning is half of it rookie, making the model respond to your comfort level, I might get a chance to meet up with you guys in early June.

What you talking about it Shawn? you do just fine with your ME hoe... play with your EPAs & dual rates/offsets to make your model react faster or slower.

I gave the ol' WA500 a bath yesterday

...and added my Braeker coupler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvCLqrc6zuI

Joe
Old 05-08-2019, 01:10 AM
BANNED

Completed digging front of stairs

Move over to this dry pile of lumps to haul to vibra screen

I got an itch to build a new trl today... can you guess what it'll be?

Joe
Old 05-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to the end result

Good progress on the digging.

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 05-13-2019, 07:33 PM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

Side dump trailer?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Side dump trailer?
Winner Winner

...to be continued, probably this weekend if the forecast is accurate.

Joe
Old 05-30-2019, 01:30 AM
BANNED

Got my farming all done by Monday, been spending the last couple days tinkering in the shop on my side dump trl, trying to figure out placement of Actuonix actuator.

This Clinometer app that Cooper showed me yrs ago is quite handy for tasks like this to know what my dump angle is... I want to be at least 34 degrees for any wet dirt to completely empty out.

Right side frame rail was in the way & I shortened my temporary lower mount a half inch too, now I think I got it where I want it... time to mill some lower mounts to weld in place.

This is at 34*, 62.5% stroke on the actuator & still have some box sticking out past the tires.

Full 100% stroke @ 50mm is 56*.

Joe
Old 05-30-2019, 09:29 PM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

Looks like you're going for a box style side dump with gates hinged at the top? Have you thought about powered gates hinged at the bottom like this?

https://www.sidedump.com/mine-trailers/
Old 05-31-2019, 07:54 PM

I'm curious to see how the actuator holds up to the weight of a full load, I was kind of expecting to see a multi stage hydraulic cylinder.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:30 PM
BANNED

I looked at many of side dumps last winter like the one you posted hvy1ton, two things that concerned me; 1) a lower hinge drop down door, keeping the grit out of the hinge so the door doesn't bind, 2) having enough electric power to tip the box.

I'm hoping with the amount of overhang I have & a narrow frame, it will tip easily... the current Actuonix actuators I have are the highest geared/lowest powered 30:1 L12, I made lower mounts to put 3 in if need be. If not, I'll try the next gear ratio.

Get this working well, then make another side dump like it for the other 4206 to pull... 5 trucks hauling out my basement per trip, about 20 gallons. ...it's getting to be a long haul & all this exercise chasing two trks around sucks.

Hydraulics are messy rookie, trls like these I can by with less power using actuators, makes swapping different trls so much quicker & cleaner, don't have worry about any dirt contaminating hyd systems.

Joe
Old 06-01-2019, 03:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

That Dump trailer is really looking sweet!

Chasing trucks? I figured by now you'd be setting up some kinda FPV rigs on them, sending the live feed back to a big monitor
Old 06-02-2019, 10:42 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNdDcdA..._web_copy_link

Had a special episode of Gold today! Awesome to meet you Joe, you brought some serious equipment and skill. I really want your excavator, just need to win the lottery!

Joe let me try his two rock trucks one remote trick at the beginning of the day, that's a serious mind bender! Going to take some practice to master that one.....

Last edited by rookie101; 06-02-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

that was a great video. nice to see the size comparison on your ex compared to the eagle ones.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

did I miss your birthday? good eh? when we were younger we couldn't wait till the next birthday, now that we are older ,,, well id just rather not be reminded! lol!!! but my body does all the reminders!! so if I did miss it well happy birthday!

oh and that level app, yeah I use it on the mill, it is surprisingly accurate!! dumper looks good!!
Old 06-05-2019, 02:40 PM
BANNED

Thanx frizzen... got any links to show how I would set up something like that? I tried using that "back up camera" system a few yrs ago, it gave a reverse image which in of itself was kind of mind bender to use, looking at the monitor if I turned left it showed the trk going right on the screen I couldn't turn the mirror effect off.

Yeah, it was great fun being on set, a part of the show, but it took all day & didn't leave any time to visit with you guys & shoot the shyt... maybe next time Aaron.

Thanx Evan

Unfortunately so Cooper, my body talks to me everydayas well & reminds me how old I am . Yes it was Saturday, a great b-day present being a guest on the YouTube Gold Series

Joe
Old 06-05-2019, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

It was great seeing you get to visit the mine! Shame about so much fake drama in the main vid. The single remote double trucking really seemed to school them.

Basically it's just hooking up a few parts
Camera (can be integrated to vtx)
Video TX, powered from rc rx or a seperate battery
Video RX (that can listen to vtx in format and channels)
Display (goggles or monitor)

Pretty good overview, doesnt go "drink from the firehose" level
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t-Person-Video

I'm not up on Canadas laws for any freq or license restrictions that may exist. But it's kind of: pick vtx & camera size the model can carry, pick a format (pal / ntsc), pick how to watch it, figure out what works together in your price range. 'Buy once cry once' vs 'My entire setup is cheaper than your goggles'
Old 06-09-2019, 11:28 AM
BANNED

Thanx for the short version frizzen, going to the city tomorrow, see what I can find at Best Buy (use to be Future Shop)

Hauling pea gravel inside for future use to lay down 1/4" layer on recently soaked clay to keep the tracks clay mud free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTbyWSGXjk4

Joe
Old 06-09-2019, 11:39 AM
BANNED

I visited RC Sparks Studio last weekend to participate (somewhat) on the Youtube Gold mine site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUgGH-eYSoc

My younger brother lives in Calgary, so I visited him Sat night & Sunday, then stopped in Monday morning for another visit with RC Sparks to do a tutorial on my two trucking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hz7F0CyySw

Joe