RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-12-2019, 12:25 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

HAH! if memory serves correctly, that 5th scale loader was like $12k ...and I've seen it posted recently that the creator of it is doing another production run this yr... I can find out who it is that's selling them?

Ran out of gas for the day... (ok, I went to settings, then albums, then saved 1024x768... now pics are linked proper size to the forum again, thanx for the tip of where to look frizzen)

Joe
Old 04-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

12gs that's spicey. I know the last I seen it on his videos was it was in peices and not operating correctly. I wonder if he's new run will have updates to fix that
Old 04-14-2019, 10:40 AM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Enjoyed the video of the shop tour Joe, lots going on and its looking great.

Have you started the fumo dozzer yet? Never knew you'd bought one?
Old 04-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Apprentice

Finster is on a distinguished road

Ok stupid question: Why does it say BANNED by your name? Is that just a joke or what?
Old 04-15-2019, 10:51 PM
BANNED

Evan, having visited Aaron today I didn't even spot the 5th scale loader in his shop, so much to see & talk about, 3 hrs went by in a flash... when we realized the time I had about 15 minutes to pull my stuff out that I brought along to show him... really a great visit, Aaron's the same upbeat happy go lucky personable fella off camera as he appears on camera, great visit.

I was surfing his instagram account Sunday night and came across photos of the loader taken apart & Aaron commented on one of the photos that the price was $5000cdn... my memory served me incorrectly

Aaron also gave me the opportunity to run his life size rc skidsteer, very smooth controls, easy to operate, sweet machine

Thanx Calum, I got the dozer late July last year, it's about half done... this winter I seemed to be sick a lot, didn't get much of any building done, perhaps I find some time after seeding to get it together, run it a bit, then tear it down for paint... got lots of painting to do this summer on several models.

I just being funny Brian

I loaded up my gear Friday morning

Aaron pulled the JD850 out of my cab like it was a 20lbs model to have a look at it & then put it back in effortlessly if I did what he'd done I'd have been laid out on his lawn the rest of day, probably overnight too!!!

We put our ADT's side by side, weight of each is about the same, his box is about 1/2 inch longer, my box noticeably wider, both travel about the same speed...

Joe
Old 04-16-2019, 10:19 PM

rookie101 is on a distinguished road

I wish you guys would have compared your 850 to Aaron's 4200, I would have liked to see the difference. The 1/5 loader is still there, it's just covered up and still broken. The axles in it were really poorly designed and tear out a set of gears as soon as you try to turn. He's had hardened gears made and it didn't help at all unfortunately.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Glad you got the pic size straightened out

I love the truck loading the big truck with machines. Was there video?

Do we need the forum to do a firemission to monitize your channel before something with aaron goes live?
Old 04-17-2019, 10:40 AM
BANNED

I knew I took these pics Rookie... though I couldn't remember exactly when & where I posted them, found them on another forum. I got one of the early 4200's when they 1st came out in 2011 & it was a bucket of shyt right out of the box, hydraulic leaks & failed electronics, RC4WD screwed me over on warranty & I eventually gave it away to another member who wanted to rebuild it.

Thanx for the info Rookie on the 5th scale loader, totally know what you're saying about solid axles, especially in such a big - heavy model; either a differential or motor at each wheel would be the cure for different wheel speeds in articulated steering.

Something I just discovered frizzen with the recent pics loaded, seems I need to go to my settings "again" to preset out going pic size links before uploading or the pics will appear too large... I've been chatting with some one at photobucket, they say they're working on the issue.

I didn't video it frizzen, it didn't occur to me as anything eventful, the trks aren't that heavy & easy to put in the cab, but the problem with the track hoe is it's length puts too much forward weight for my lower back to handle, it walked up the quad ramps easily.

utube monetization... what a joke! utube kicked me out of their partnership program last yr b/c I didn't meet one of their "NEW" requirements, 4000 watch hrs per year... I got mentioned on a live stream.com this January & 20,000 watch hrs in a couple weeks... now 2 months later my adsense account still hasn't been approved... I did finally get my bank account "verified" last yr & Google did their test deposit of $0.58usd, but I haven't seen another dime... there was $1100usd in my adsense account... Google has made changes again & I don't know the path to find out whether the money is still there or not, and I've never found a phone # to call to talk a live person about it... whatever ...I'll never be in the same utube popularity category as RcSparks anyway

Joe
Old 04-17-2019, 05:04 PM
Wannabe

looks like you had lots of fun Joe. that truck of Aaron's looks good and has me really wanting one. my adt build hit a wall just cant find the time to work on it anymore. the loader is cool I think axles from a snowblower with it programmed to unlock one axle when you want it to turn.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:05 PM

rookie101 is on a distinguished road

Yeah the 4200 certainly isn't the best out there but after changing the electronics in mine it runs "okay". Still leaks all over the place though but that helps with the scale look. lol. That 850 looks like a monster!

I'd have to say my 4200 is quite a bit better than the Faroe track loaders we picked up though. They are terrible quality, but at the $1600 they were on sale for we took a chance.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:25 PM
BANNED

Yep! The Chinese get away with putting out crap & making a mint $$$ while they're at it b/c they can do it so cheaply, primarily exploiting their people paying them pennies per hr... that's why shipping is nearly half the cost of the model.

Good weather & good progress during the week on the farm... took the wkend off... Saturday was 9hrs of RC

Another pile of 1st crushed, about an hour

Loaded up to go outside...

Filling in this hole where I use to haul the basement dirt to, with pea gravel, so when it's wet it's not a greasy area to avoid.

After many loads, time to level out the piles...

I put the 1st load on the cross dumps, but it's just wet enough that none of it would drop out when I opened the doors ...need a clam dump.

Joe
Old 05-02-2019, 05:24 PM
BANNED

Got the old JD850 back together last week... load 'er up & head for dig site

Just get 'er on the lowboy and... WTF IS THAT?!

..that was a short trip, back to the workbench... as near as I could figure there was a crack at the bottom of the thread on the fitting... changed it solved the probelm

Back on the lowboy

Joe
Old 05-02-2019, 05:41 PM
BANNED

Hauled this dry lumpy dirt to the vibra screener on Saturday

I also got a load of pea gravel gravel from the pile outside, rigged up brushless motor adt to pull the pup without driven axles... pretty spooky going down with that much weight, brushless motors not great for braking! In this pic I was turned around to see how would do climbing up with so much weight - all 6 wheels pulled strong, adt spun out about midway where there is a hump in the road... but it still did way better than the brushed adt

I dumped the pea gravel near the east wall to cover the wet dirt I soaked up a month earlier, worked awesome to keep the tracks clean.

Got BOMBED with snow on Sunday... forecast was suggesting 2-4cm... actual was 2 foot drifts in the fields, 4 foot snowbanks in the yard. Power went out 4:30am, didn't get it back till nearly 10pm. House cooled off to 10C, the shop stayed a comfortable 20C, but no power all day couldn't accomplish much. More pics in my farmer thread, along with the adventures from this morning.

Joe
Old 05-02-2019, 05:56 PM
BANNED

Even today (4 days after snow storm), a lot of snow to melt yet... maybe start seeding by the 10th... so much for a laid back easy go this yr with having help too... this hobby does wonders to help keep my sanity , Been digging the floor the last couple days.

Been piling the wet dirt in the NE corner; later dig it up, move it around a few times, get it dried out some, hauling it up to vibra screener eventually.

Size comparison photo

Made a couple of movies this week... trying out a GoPro Hero 4 silver edition that RC Sparks lent to me, I was hoping for a better resolution & smaller file size than my old GoPro, seems about the same on both accounts

https://youtu.be/BG-9LYoq2BQ

https://youtu.be/RjuacPnLAI0

Joe
Old 05-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Wannabe

where is your farmer thread? for some reason I cant find it.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:14 PM
BANNED

https://www.rctruckandconstruction.c...splay.php?f=20

Joe
Old 05-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

The ol 850 looks awesome Joe! I think the video quality looks a lil better. That's pretty cool rc sparks lent that.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:22 AM
BANNED

Thsnx Shawn, good to have it back in service & working like new again

I think I tried "Super 1080"... the next vid I post I did with just "1080", file size maybe 10% smaller; tell me if you notice a difference. Yeah kudos to Aaron, it was a great visit... might make it back again in June.

Put new teeth on my dig bucket today...

The dog's life...

https://youtu.be/dbhplnbsOgs

Joe
Old 05-04-2019, 01:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Too bad they don’t make that beast anymore. Looking foreward to more r/c action.
The GoPro is doing a good job in the dim light.

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:35 AM
BANNED

Are you sure? You know some one that tried to get one?

Yeah it does do better in low light than the old GoPro, and I noticed that about IPhone too, but the the IPhone produced just as good of quality as new GoPro at less than half the file size...

Joe