RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 PM

hougie is on a distinguished road
Default which radio?

hi guys,
I'm in need of a radio, just built my first truck. I'm eventually going to have a dump trailer so I think I need more then 4 channels. I'm looking at a rds8000 thatwas reccomended to me by tamiya cowboy. The issue is noone has a receiver for it and there's only one radio in the province. Is there any others that are easyto program and reasonably priced? I'm hoping to pick something up after work tonight. Thanx in advance for your help.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: which radio?

Spectrum DX6I, or the dx8, both are good, same difficulty in programming but many people can help with that. I've configured a DX6I,dx5e dx8,and a rds8000 all are about the same
Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: which radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Spectrum DX6I, or the dx8, both are good, same difficulty in programming but many people can help with that. I've configured a DX6I,dx5e dx8,and a rds8000 all are about the same
Ywa what he said!!! spectrum radios are easy to use and program and are very popular with aircraft and heli guys. Most any hobby shop carries recievers for all the different models . Also if you want to run a screw drive on a dump trailer you will need at least one 3position switch,that puts you needing a dx7 or bigger.If you are gonna invest in a radio put money into overkill not buying a smaller channel radio then needing more later.Thats my .02 cent worth