RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles

Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles Here is a spot for all them important emergency vehicle builds.

Old 01-26-2022, 04:35 PM

Tgrzes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ferrara Tanker

I started working on the water tank. It’s made from 1/8” ABS sheet and will have a dump valve and motorized chute that extends out of a back compartment for filling the portable pool.
[IMG][/IMG]

Space around and under the tank is limited and I couldn’t find a ready-made valve that would discharge the tank quickly, so I’m making one out of delrin. It will sit inside the tank and be activated by a solenoid on top of the tank that lifts the plunger.
[IMG][/IMG]

The inside tank bottom is sloped to promote drainage.
[IMG][/IMG]

The tank just sits on the frame rails. I’ll probably strap it down with velcro so it’s easily removed.
[IMG][/IMG]

Here’s the screw drive for the chute mechanism mounted to the underside of the tank. I’m still waiting on resistors so I can remove the potentiometer from the servo. I also need to hook up another switch to activate the dump valve solenoid when the chute is fully extended.
[IMG][/IMG]

Here’s a video of the chute. I’ll see if I can make the chute open the compartment door to be added later.
https://nam11.safelinks.protection.o...amp;reserved=0

I’ve also been learning Arduino so I can program the flash patterns for wig-wag headlights, an arrow bar for the back of the truck and all the warning lights. If I get ambitious, I’ll try to figure out how to change the arrow bar remotely, but for now I’ll just leave it with the center pattern. Here’s a video.
https://nam11.safelinks.protection.o...amp;reserved=0
Old 05-31-2022, 04:43 PM

I pressed some brass electrodes thru the side of the tank and created a water level sensor using some transistors, resistors and LEDs.
[IMG][/IMG]

Also added a fill tower to the tank.
[IMG][/IMG]

Siren speaker mounted between the front frame rails.
[IMG][/IMG]

Printed the front bumper skin and added hose troughs, tow hooks, fake horn, and gated wye.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-31-2022, 05:30 PM

Testing the deck gun and dump chute with the tank installed.
https://youtu.be/7jWDDmgtoq8