RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-22-2016, 10:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

She is up to 57 pounds already!!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Good number, I like it! I'm not surprised of the weight. My KW weighs close to 35 without the battery or trailer and it's tires are filled with foam.lol

Keep up the good work! Better start lifting bro...

PS, how's the pooch?
Old 02-22-2016, 10:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got a pump for the hydros in mail, don't know when it will be here. Once I get that I'll know how I'm going to arrange things. I may do a offset motor and have battery next to it. They are about same weight and want to keep heavies down towards bottom floor. But pump may change that. It always looks like lots of room when building but from past experiences I know space fills up quick. But,,, this one really looks like unlimited space. I am shooting for the front grill attached with magnets or hinge. Being able to access battery compartment. Sure would be easier to build the C or B models. They don't have the staircase crossing over the grill. Hopefully in a week or so she will be rolling under power. Then I find out if any of this will work. . Like the tranny and steering. They only things I've got so far .
Old 02-22-2016, 11:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Good number, I like it! I'm not surprised of the weight. My KW weighs close to 35 without the battery or trailer and it's tires are filled with foam.lol

Keep up the good work! Better start lifting bro...

PS, how's the pooch?
Pooch, wow he is a mess, got his tacking done today and he is so doped up! Eyes are drooping, he wobbles, and whimpers a bit. I don't think he is in pain but just so doped up and out of it. Normally he would have stayed overnight but he is so big and such a baby that home is better for him. And we have an ongoing rappor with local vets/techs they know us. These big guys don't have much more than 5-8 years. He's three so he still has a good bit of time. Always possibilities of infection or something not healing like it should. Fingers crossed, but he is doing well for the circumstances.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got pump and valve block. No matter how big things are the room that appears to be plenty during initial building quickly shrinks as soon as parts show up!!!

The esc, I know it's big, 150 amp, but it's what I had laying around. I may shrink that once I figure out what amps I'm using.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

The top of the shock towers is the bottom of cab floor? ...doesn't look that cramped... make a middle floor that would be the oil tank as well? pump below, valves above - other side is batt below & for/rev esc & rx above.

Fab a trap door in the bottom with a push button pin lock in the bumper, the battery slides out under the bumper.

Joe
Old 02-27-2016, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes towers are floor, they are a little high yet maybe 1/4". Left some material to be able to tie into body structure. Plenty of height. Oil tank is going to be same as 1:1, side tank. I could put valve body or esc in other side tank but both of them have a lot of wires/hoses to rout so not the best location. I was going to put a radiator fan (computer fan) in this but in reality I have one in both the dozer and excavator and have never had a need for it. Never overheated anything even in hot summer. I'm building the belly pan now. I am trying to do a magnetic front grill that will give a lot of access to battery and electronics by simply removing. Lights are in bumper and higher up on sides. Grill is only problematic because a ladder diagonals it. I'll probably just have it permanently attached so just one unit (the black part of grill and ladder in front) are held on with magnets. Simply pop off install battery and pop back on. Sounds good so far, I'm sure some challenges await
Old 02-27-2016, 10:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

looking heavy with each pic!! cant wait to see it hauling dirt
Old 03-03-2016, 06:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

bring it this weekend to brookville!!!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ran out of beer, when learning something new its important to focus, what a better way to focus by supporting the liquor board and tobacco industry.

And stupid cat, he had a box that his family could live in and he still tries to fit two pounds of shyt in a one pound bag!!

Back to work,

Old 03-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I see welds!
Old 03-12-2016, 11:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Finally figured it out. And didn't even have to throw destroyed parts across garage!!
Old 03-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Sanded and ready.

Just placed in truck before sanded
Old 03-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Nice! It's not that hard is it?
Old 03-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well,,,, the learning curve was more like a flat line with an occasional beat, then a steady curve. My biggest issue was drifting on torch angle making the rod melt before it got to puddle along with slowly drifting away from part making arc weird. Have pulse mode/settings for thin stuff but didn't want to learn with that.

Instructions are always vague for beginners. Like on new weedeaters/computer stuff. The on/off button isn't on or off but little dash or circle. I have a weedeater like that and it's hard to start, I always forget what symbol is on or off!! Still don't know what super brain decided to get rid of on/off buttons and replace with symbols I need to call my sisters boys in first grade to tell me how to turn something on!!!

Ohh, ranting on,,, oops, and got a new phone , passwords!! No more simple 0012 or my name and year born, now have to have big letters, small letters, numbers, ,,,,,
That's why I haven't posted much lately because I don't know what my own passwords are!!! Ain't technology great!! Someone can hack my account but I can't remember what letter I have to capitalize!!!!

And we bought a house!!! , 180year old stone farm house, gonna be moving in a month or two. Big move, a whopping 200 yards away!!! Lol!!
Old 03-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Woke up this morning to these two jokers on couch sleeping away

And that's the new homestead. Garage to left of my truck is going to be new shop, play pen, place of exile, and or my living quarters.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Well,,,, the learning curve was more like a flat line with an occasional beat, then a steady curve. My biggest issue was drifting on torch angle making the rod melt before it got to puddle along with slowly drifting away from part making arc weird. Have pulse mode/settings for thin stuff but didn't want to learn with that.

Instructions are always vague for beginners. Like on new weedeaters/computer stuff. The on/off button isn't on or off but little dash or circle. I have a weedeater like that and it's hard to start, I always forget what symbol is on or off!! Still don't know what super brain decided to get rid of on/off buttons and replace with symbols I need to call my sisters boys in first grade to tell me how to turn something on!!!

Ohh, ranting on,,, oops, and got a new phone , passwords!! No more simple 0012 or my name and year born, now have to have big letters, small letters, numbers, ,,,,,
That's why I haven't posted much lately because I don't know what my own passwords are!!! Ain't technology great!! Someone can hack my account but I can't remember what letter I have to capitalize!!!!

And we bought a house!!! , 180year old stone farm house, gonna be moving in a month or two. Big move, a whopping 200 yards away!!! Lol!!
I still have troubles keeping the torch at the right distance. For me I end up "dipping the tip". I know this sounds like a great idea but with TIG welding it is not. It F's up the tungsten and the weld. I would say you are doing just fine and will only get better. I like the fact that when I weld and then grind something, if there is a low spot or whatever I can just build it up with a little weld. Rarely any need for body filler even on rounded cabs or fenders. It really surprises me how few people do this. We are a rare breed! Welcome to the club!lol

Oh, and congrats on the house! Make sure you use the lowbed to move the equipment!
Old 03-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hi Cooper the house looks great Congratulations on it. That box you built I don't know what it is, but it's the best one I've ever seen. Ed
Old 03-12-2016, 01:26 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

It's surprising that after all the whining you did on your dozer build of how much you hated mig welding, you've picked up on tig'ing rather quickly, Congrats to you!!!

Tig for me not going so well, can hardly see the puddle correctly & not steady working without arm rests.

How much bigger is new garage? And it's still a detach?

Joe
Old 03-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

After doing a lot of self learning I picked up on quite a bit. And also on mig welding. Just didn't know what the heck I was doing.

The garage is about 40x50, wood framing. I'm planing on new floor, ceiling, insulation, the whole 9yards so to speak. Hopefully I can have it finished before fall. No water (outside hose hydrant) but I will run a gas line for heat. I'll post progress pics when I get to it.

Ed, always want to learn something!! Thanks!!