RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default This would be different?

So i see this setup all the time but i dont know what its called? i think it would be cool to do with a couple of rollers and a working truck. Can someone tell me what this set up is properly called i cant find nothing on google and this is one of like 4 pics i could get that are of this. More so im looking for more pics of the frame mount for them. I know its 4x4's and 2x4's but how does it attach to the underframe?? thanks for the help heres the setup!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: This would be different?

This method of delivery is called truck piggy backing. If you type this into Google you'll even find companies that make the front axle to fifth wheel brackets.
Rob
Old 08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rob!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That would be something cool, and different. I see quite a few Freightliners and Macks delivered like this. Not so many Peterbilts or Kenworths. Odd, because there is a dealer for each, all pretty local and close to each other, in my area. Sometimes they pull the front wheels off, and sometimes the first rear drive axle's wheels too. Not really sure what the benefit is, as the first drive wheels never touch the ground, most of the time. Maybe they pull them off to prevent them from touching, on a longer travel suspension?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Journeyman

FabOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That would be something cool, and different. I see quite a few Freightliners and Macks delivered like this. Not so many Peterbilts or Kenworths. Odd, because there is a dealer for each, all pretty local and close to each other, in my area. Sometimes they pull the front wheels off, and sometimes the first rear drive axle's wheels too. Not really sure what the benefit is, as the first drive wheels never touch the ground, most of the time. Maybe they pull them off to prevent them from touching, on a longer travel suspension?
If it's not a direct delivery, they're prone to stealing the tires/wheels without having to jack-up the tractor (done at truckstops and etc. real quick).
Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabOne View Post
If it's not a direct delivery, they're prone to stealing the tires/wheels without having to jack-up the tractor (done at truckstops and etc. real quick).
That thought never even crossed my mind! I guess I wouldn't make a good criminal.