RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road
Question CAD Help!

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get into CAD modelling, but I'm having issues. I'm using Blender, because it is free, but it is also very overwhelming. Have a favorite program? Used Blender before? Let me know!

Any help is appreciated; easier programs, video tutorials, or even tips!

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Apprentice

Finster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAD Help!

Blender is great but as you say, quite overwhelming. Is having the rendering/animation/textures and other stuff Blender does critical to what you want to do or are you just trying to make 3D objects? If it's not critical I would suggest you start with a simpler program like SketchUp. It's also free and pretty easy to use. Lots of How-to videos on Youtube, plus forums, tutorials, etc. Might be easier to draw what you want in SketchUp and later on render it with Blender. My opinion, not sure how others feel, but hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAD Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Blender is great but as you say, quite overwhelming. Is having the rendering/animation/textures and other stuff Blender does critical to what you want to do or are you just trying to make 3D objects? If it's not critical I would suggest you start with a simpler program like SketchUp. It's also free and pretty easy to use. Lots of How-to videos on Youtube, plus forums, tutorials, etc. Might be easier to draw what you want in SketchUp and later on render it with Blender. My opinion, not sure how others feel, but hope this helps.
Thanks Finster! It does help a lot. I don't need to render or anything, hoping to do some 3D printing. I'll go get SketchUp!