RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Since I'm a Komatsu guy, I've been waiting for this build to start. Great work on the swing bearing! Don't know if it will be a problem, but sometimes when a main relief valve is adjusted well-below its normal operating pressure, it is not very consistent or accurate. I'm guessing this system has an original pressure of 2500-3000 PSI, dropping to 250 PSI might be a problem. Hope it is not for you. Should you need additional technical information about the full-size PC1800, let me know. Be glad to assist.

Ken
You might be right about the relief valve not liking the the low pressure, I wasn't thinking of that style of relief valve in there not a simple ball and spring, if it wants to float around at the low pressure I will need to add an external one on later to correct it....l will try it first and and see what it will do...maybe just maybe it will work with the low pressure.
Do you work on this machines or operate them??
Old 11-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
You might be right about the relief valve not liking the the low pressure, I wasn't thinking of that style of relief valve in there not a simple ball and spring, if it wants to float around at the low pressure I will need to add an external one on later to correct it....l will try it first and and see what it will do...maybe just maybe it will work with the low pressure.
Do you work on this machines or operate them??
I'm a technical trainer for a Komatsu distributor in Kentucky & Indiana. Mostly, I teach our technicians but sometimes do troubleshooting classes for customers. Our territory has shovels up to the PC5500 and trucks up to 240 tons, but with the coal market going to h3ll, many of the larger machines are being parked.

Ken
Old 11-24-2015, 11:39 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
I'm a technical trainer for a Komatsu distributor in Kentucky & Indiana. Mostly, I teach our technicians but sometimes do troubleshooting classes for customers. Our territory has shovels up to the PC5500 and trucks up to 240 tons, but with the coal market going to h3ll, many of the larger machines are being parked.

Ken
Awesome!!!! Now I know who's brain to pick for info!! Finding good reference pics on line for this machine has proven a challenge....so I'm cheating a bit by looking at the PC2000 which has a great deal of similarities to the older 1800. I was almost going to switch the build to a 2000 but decided to keep going with the 1800. One thing I like about the 1800 in the length and size of the body/house section, gives more room for the full size valves etc, the modular design of the 2000 just wouldn't work. I do however like the overall looks of the 2000 over the 1800 but the design of the 1800 will be somewhat easier to build.

Is it OK to post reference pics from the online Komatsu brochure of the shovel...I would like to post one of the pics with all the size references on it ? Or if anyone else knows the answer let me know....that would be great !
Old 11-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Not an expert, but if wanting to post something that is from Komatsu's public website, I'd say no problem since it is not being using in a derogatory or for-profit way. Might list the link you got it from.

Just my opinion.

Ken
Old 11-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Apprentice

Here are the dimensions of the full scale PC1800 that I will be using to help build this model.

[IMG][/IMG]

This info was found here

http://www.komatsu.com.au/AboutKomat...6/PC1800-6.pdf

Some specs for the full scale machine

Twin 454HP engines
Swing speed 4.5 RPM
Max speed 1.7 MPH 2.7KM/H
Number of track pads/shoes 49/side
Weight with 40" triple grouser 405,910 LBS (184,120kg)
(1/12 scale is about 235lbs....yikes)
Bucket breakout force 81 tons
Bucket size 14.4 yds , 127" wide (1/12 scale is 10.6" wide)

Hope this will be of interest....Thanks for looking

KP